As a System Groupleader Electrical and Control Systems you will lead the Electrical and Controls engineering team of 12-14 engineers, with the ability to train and develop junior electrical and controls engineers and keep the engineering team up-to-date with the latest developments in the electrical and controls area. Also you will ensure that development tasks are delivered per specification and on time following Hyster-Yale electrical and control architecture as well as industry codes and standards. Lastly you will ensure that projects stay on track according to the project timeline.
- Lead a high performing electrical and controls engineering team, guide the team with best practices for design, logic development, functional safety, validation, support, and resource planning.
- Develop system and component-level requirements.
- Develop and release low and high-voltage electrical systems and related software applications to control these systems that meet quality, reliability, performance, and cost targets.
- Provide technical documentation, design guides, and troubleshooting guides.
- Support development testing, test department, analyze data and communicate test results.
- Guide design and selection of sensors, batteries, chargers, HV-components and other controls hardware to fit project requirements.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to create project plans.
- Support with roadmap preparation for future power electronic systems, embedded systems, controls, High Voltage batteries and chargers.
- Motivate and lead global teams through empowerment, development, and exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree. Master's degree is preferred;
- >5 year’s of experience in leading electrical controls team;
- Deep understanding of vehicle communication networks including CANbus and associated protocols;
- Proven knowledge in High Voltage Electrical, Low Voltage, Electrical systems and/or Control Systems in mobile equipment;
- General familiarity with Model-Based/Autocode development and C programming;
- Proficient in requirement setting;
- Knowledge of embedded systems and electrical system troubleshooting.
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Solid project management skills;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Leadership skills in solving complex problems.
Hyster-Yale follows the Metalektro (Collective Labor Agreement) and uses a market-based, transparent grading per position that has been weighed by an external party.
Other employment conditions and extra’s:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 days of leave plus 13 ADV days on an annual basis for full-time employment;
- Possibility to sell 6 ADV days per year, being 2.3% salary;
- Possibility to buy (plus 10) or sell (minus 6) days of leave;
- PME pension fund (mandatory participation in accordance with the collective labor agreement);
- Possibility for hybrid working (in consultation with manager, a maximum of 2 days per week for full-time employment, provided the position allows it);
- Gross/net benefit (Fisc-free), such as purchasing a bicycle, sports subscription, etc.;
- Flexible working hours, where you can start your working day between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM (provided your position allows it);
- Travel allowance of €0.19 cents per KM, with a maximum of 30 KM one way (the first 7.5 KM are not included) with a maximum reimbursement of €11.40 EUR per day;
- After starting, you will have access to the employee handbook containing all the above and additional information, such as insurance discounts, company health care package, etc.
At Hyster-Yale you will simultaneously build a sustainable career within a leading international company and contribute to the development of the most innovative (forklift) trucks in the industry. You work (internationally) with the brightest minds in the industry, work on themes such as sustainability and electrification, and you contribute to innovative customized solutions for customers. In short, at Hyster-Yale you work on things that matter.
Hyster-Yale has 90 years of experience in designing and building smaller pallet trucks up to the largest jumbo trucks (52 tons) and is a globally operating organization and has had a location in the Netherlands/Nijmegen since the 1950s. Hyster designs, assembles, sells and provides service for forklift trucks (8-52 tons) under the Hyster and Yale brand names. There are two assembly lines in Nijmegen for the two largest trucks in the range: the Big Truck line and Jumbo Truck line. More than 600 people work at the location in Nijmegen, divided over three divisions: 300 people in assembly, 100 at the Big Truck Development Center (engineering) and more than 250 at the After Market (after sales) organization.
The atmosphere within Hyster-Yale Nijmegen is open and informal. A coaching style of leadership is used. You will be given responsibility relatively quickly and you will be at the helm of your personal and professional development.
Hyster Electrical Container Handlers
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.