To ensure we continue to provide our customers with high quality products that meet current and future emission standards, we look for a well-qualified:
Property Owner - Engine Performance
• Develop thorough understanding of key Engine performance elements and customer expectations relevant to PACCARs products
o Engine Startability
o Engine Heat Rejection
o Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH)
o Engine Torque and speed
• Translate Customer requirement from Vehicle divisions into technical requirements for relevant engine property
o Close collaboration with vehicle divisions
o Understand the elements that determine performance and feasibility potential
o Create performance requirements for each of these elements to ensure engine performance
• Understand technical impact of changing engine/vehicle hardware, regulation updates, customer expectations & ensure changes are understood within the Development Organization
• Ownership and propagation of relevant Requirements in the Development Organization
• Advise and guide development team to ensure performance meets requirements
• Create vision and roadmap for properties for the future projects
• Evaluate project scope requests for feasibility.
• Master Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum Ten Year Experience with Engine Performance Development and Testing of (heavy duty diesel) engine
• Good Understanding of key engine performance aspects:
o Engine startability, Engine cooling or Heat Rejection, Engine Torque/Speed Performance, Engine NVH, etc.
• Experience with Requirement Engineering (DNG knowledge is a pre)
• Pro-active attitude and good at stakeholders management
• Structured working approach combined with high analytical capacity
• Advanced English skills are mandatory
• Ability to high level management presentation
• Creative and coming up with new technology ideas
Contract through Yacht of at least 1 year, we follow the salary chart of DAF Trucks. For this position the salary range depends on highest earned degree and years of experience. The range is between € 4.200,- upto max € 7.200,- gross per month based on 36 hours a week (excluding holiday allowance of 8.33%). 37.5 hour work week.
Yacht also has benefits as a home office budget of € 750,- and annually a budget of € 3.500,- for following courses to further develop in your career.
PACCAR Global Engines is the organization within PACCAR responsible for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centers, engine families are developed meeting future regulations.
As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
Within the engine development department, the System Definition group is responsible for definition of new engine and aftertreatment concepts, as well as emissions and installation documentation, project scoping and functional requirements to meet (new) customer demands and emission regulations.
Engine Performance & vehicle integration elements have major impact on PACCARs products and is one of the major inputs when defining new engine concepts. A thorough understanding of the relevant engine performance & integration elements and of the technical requirements it brings to the engine concepts is of very high importance.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.