What are you going to do?
The System & Software engineering department is responsible for the development and control of all electronic systems in Terberg's special vehicles, with all software and cable bundles being developed by Terberg itself. As an Electrical Design Engineer you are responsible for designing, realizing and validating new or improving existing electrical systems of these special vehicles. You work in a multidisciplinary team together with other Electrical, Software and Test Engineers.
As an Electrical Design Engineer you translate high-level designs and specifications into vehicle architectures and design, manage and draw functional electrical diagrams according to the development processes drawn up by Terberg. In addition to standard designs, you work on prototype vehicles and you provide support with assembly and validation.
Your new role as Electrical Design Engineer will include:
- Translating specifications and requirements into vehicle architectures
- Design and integrate electrical systems for the entire tractor, but also for subsystems such as hydraulics, drive and preparation for autonomous driving
- Design and draw electrical diagrams according to specifications and come up with various alternatives that you substantiate
- Supervise the trucks during the prototypes, you are the point of contact and you support your colleagues
Your profile as an Electrical Design Engineer:
- you have a technical Bachelor education in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- you have an affinity with the automotive industry or special vehicles
- your experience with designing electrical diagrams and bundles fits well here
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written) and you speak or have already started a Dutch language course
- Very strong social and communication skills
- Self-reliant and shows initiative
- Accurate and have strong analytical skills
- Very flexible and a real team player
What do we offer you?
A very nice and challenging position within our rapidly growing organization, where you make an active contribution to the System & Software Engineering team and thus lay a foundation for unique career opportunities. We offer independence and responsibility in a pleasant working atmosphere full of ambition. Naturally, we offer you a suitable employment conditions package with a salary that suits your background and the responsibility of the job, according to the Collective Labor Agreement Kleinmetaal (salary range is between € 3,250 and € 5,200 gross per month, based on experience). Since we believe it is important that you continue to develop as a professional, we expect you to take initiatives and, in consultation with your manager, make choices that support your career within Terberg.
For questions or comments, please contact Yacht Engineering: Patrick van Otterlo, on: 06 – 10 92 66 21 (daily until 9:00 PM), or email email@example.com
The tractors of the Terberg family business drive around in more than 130 countries, which makes them a global player. The Terberg Group is a Dutch family business that is working internationally with its 28 companies. You encounter their vehicles in ports, distribution centers, heavy industry, tunnel construction, shunting yards and airports. In Benschop you will find the production location where they design, develop and assemble these special vehicles. Innovative solutions, quality and design are characteristic of their tractors. The focus is, among other things, on our own development of software and cabling
Does your future lie in the development and integration of electrical systems with specialization in the field of electric vehicles or derivatives thereof? And do you see a challenge in a new position where the emphasis is on further developing the System and Software engineering department together and keeping it future-proof? Do you also find it self-evident to think innovatively and to always look for improvements and apply the latest developments? Then you are our new:
Electrical Design Engineer
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.