In this position, you are actively involved in strategic projects to improve the Total Cost of Ownership, which is strategized and initiated by the Program Manager TCO and support the strategy of the Big Truck Product Line Strategy Group and/or Big Truck Business Team (Key Projects). This position is working in/with multi-disciplinary teams internal and external in the set-up and execution of the strategy of
digitalization of the truck in a customer environment to become a partner and solution provider for our customers and dealers.
This strategy is built up in direct and remote communication with the customer and dealer systems. The development of a device is key in this aspect, together with the setup of communication and information sharing. This will be the initial focal point for this position. The language between the equipment and the customer systems will be according to the releases of the TIC 4.0 standard. This means defining the language to translate different equipment data into a unified, standardized data view, meaning the same type of information.
Content of the work:
- To specify the strategy of the TIC 4.0 framework
- o The hardware and software of the interface between the equipment and the customer systems
- Work continuously on system updates to be aligned with the releases. to specify the functional requirements and detailing of the TIC 4.0 framework according:
- o Provide data, which is required at the different TIC4.0 Content Levels?
- o Provide the data in a proper way (at TIC4.0 Data Provision Level)
- o Create the messaging framework with both CAN communication and
- MQTT communication protocols. to specify the physical requirements and detailing of the TIC 4.0 framework according to:
- o Specify additional required truck systems or sensors required to meet the TIC4.0 content level.
- o Create truck-side physical network where the data is embedded in.
- o Define and Develop hardware to make proper communication possible.
- Installation and maintenance
- o Support customers and dealers to get the system working satisfactorily.
- o Support customers and dealers when upgrades are required.
- o Advise the best possible solutions to the organization, and act as a specialist.
- Data Processing Paths:
- o Creation of scripts of truck signals from CANBUS communication on truck.
- Data analysis and governance:
- o Create a structure to work with and understand data, driven by the truck.
- o Create a structure for data analysis, which will give a good insight into the behavior of the truck.
- o Proactively recommend data-collection and analysis improvements
- o Make sure data is managed in the most efficient way.
- Perform ad-hoc data analyses to support the Development teams.
- Set up processes to transfer different data sources to useable formats for the Product Development.
- Formal education with minimum BSc. /MSc. degree in exact sciences (Automotive/IT/Mechanical)
- Minimum 3-5-year work experience
- Experience and formal training in planning and leading multiple concurrent development projects with participants in a multi-disciplined global matrix organization.
- All decisions within the scope of the program/project. They may affect multiple functions/disciplines within the Hyster-Yale organization.
- Technical expertise and willingness to travel.
- Other differentiating attributes of the position:
- The person must be able to properly present results to management and to connect to people on the shop work floor and in the field. To be dependent on a large variety of functions within Hyster-Yale.
- Proficiency in leadership, commitment, credibility, and creativity is required.
- Eloquent and articulate, able to present to and convince audiences up to MT / SLT level.
- Preferably multilingual (English + other European language)
The competencies below align well with our core values:
- Pro active attitude, full of initiative: involve the necessary resources if necessary;
- Pragmatic: solution-oriented and able to engineer a 'first time right' solution while also taking the time schedule into account;
- Responsibility: feel ownership of the problem you solve, and also customer-oriented;
- Strong personality with good communication skills;
- Systematic, independent and results-oriented;
- Very eager to learn, because with the right competencies you can learn the technical content quickly.
Hyster-Yale follows the Metalektro Collective Labor Agreement and uses a market-based, transparent grading per position that has been weighed by an external party.
Other employment conditions and extras:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 27 days of leave plus 13 ADV days on an annual basis for full-time employment
- Possibility to sell 6 ADV days per year, being 2.3% salary
- Possibility to buy (plus 10) or sell (minus 6) days of leave
- PME pension fund (mandatory participation in accordance with collective labor agreement)
- Possibility for hybrid working (in consultation with manager, maximum 2 days per week for full-time employment, provided the position allows it)
- Gross/net benefit (Fisc-free), such as purchasing a bicycle, sports subscription, etc.
- Flexible working hours, where you can start your working day between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM (provided the position allows it)
- Travel allowance of € 0.17 cents per KM, with a maximum of 30 KM one way (first 7.5 KM are not included) with a maximum reimbursement of € 10.20 EUR per day
- After starting, you will have access to the employee handbook containing all the above and additional information, such as insurance discounts, company health care package, etc.
At Hyster-Yale you will simultaneously build a sustainable career within a leading international company and contribute to the development of the most innovative (forklift) trucks in the industry. You work (internationally) with the brightest minds in the industry, work on themes such as sustainability and electrification, and you contribute to innovative customized solutions for customers. In short, at Hyster-Yale you work on things that matter.
Hyster-Yale has 90 years of experience in designing and building smaller pallet trucks up to the largest jumbo trucks (52 tons) and is a globally operating organization and has had a location in the Netherlands/Nijmegen since the 1950s. Hyster designs, assembles, sells and provides service for forklift trucks (8-52 tons) under the Hyster and Yale brand names. There are two assembly lines in Nijmegen for the two largest trucks in the range: the Big Truck line and Jumbo Truck line. More than 600 people work at the location in Nijmegen, divided over three divisions: 300 people in assembly, 100 at the Big Truck Development Center (engineering) and more than 250 at the After Market (after sales) organization.
The atmosphere within Hyster-Yale Nijmegen is open and informal. A coaching style of leadership is used. You will be given responsibility relatively quickly and you will be at the helm of your personal and professional development.
Hyster Electrical Container Handlers
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.