In the role of Lead Engineer Electrical, you will be responsible for the engineering and realization of projects in the field of power distribution in the data centre industry. The Lead Engineer is responsible for the technical solution and ensures that it is realized within agreed timeline and budget. In this position, you will work for the Electrical Engineering team for data centres, which consists of around 20 engineers. Due to the growth of our operations, we are looking for a Lead Engineer Electrical to fit into this close-knit and driven team.
The Electrical Engineering team is part of the "Data Centre Electrification & Automation" department, which is responsible for realising multidisciplinary projects worldwide. The department consists of about 100 engineers.
The department falls under the Smart Infrastructure division; one of the world's largest suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the sustainable, reliable and efficient transmission and distribution of energy.
What are your responsibilities?
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the engineering in the project. An important part of the job is managing and supervising the Interface- and System engineers who, under the responsibility of the Lead Engineer, work out the detailed engineering.
The scope within the projects consists of the engineering, manufacturing, installation and
commissioning of power distribution systems such as medium- and low-voltage switchgear,
transformers, power distribution units, bus bar systems, digital protection, automation and monitoring systems, and modular solutions such as E-Houses and Skids.
The Lead Engineer maintains an overview and ensures that the various designs and disciplines are functionally aligned and realised within agreed budget and schedule. The short lead times and high requirements of our customers creates a dynamic environment which needs to be managed well.
Besides managing the engineering team, you have frequent contact with the client. You advise our clients and ensure the coordination between the designs and stakeholders, making you the technical point of contact. Within the projects, there is always intensive cooperation with the Project Manager.
Work mainly takes place from our office in The Hague, the Netherlands. In addition, the position involves regular visits to factories and project sites both at home and abroad. This might include supervising factory testing, attending meetings with the customer, or coordinating site work.
- Completed bachelor degree in electrical engineering
- At least 7 years' work experience as (lead) engineer in multidisciplinary projects;
- Practical and theoretical experience with low- and medium-voltage switchgear, transformers, short-circuit and selectivity calculations and standards such as IEC 61439;
- Experience in preparing technical reports and test plans;
- Creative, positive, able to communicate ideas and encourage people;
- Able to make engineering and execution plans, monitor them and realize them;
- Experience in working in a team and managing and coaching engineers;
- Communicative, political and commercially strong, able to cope with critical customers;
- Flexible and willing to travel regularly for short business trips;
- Stress-resistant and able to act within a pressured environment;
- Speaks and writes English fluently;
- Preferably also knowledge of the Dutch language.
- Salary: €4500 – €6000 p.m. based on full time.
- Hours: 40 hour p.w.
- Location: The Hague
- Start date: flexible, but preferably soon
- Contract: 1 year via Yacht, after that extension or a perm contract with the company is possible
- Educational budget
Why Choose Yacht:
At Yacht, we believe in nurturing talent and fostering personal and professional growth. When you join our team, you can expect:
- Innovation Hub: Be part of a dynamic environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- Professional Development: We support your growth through continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Global Network: Join a network of industry professionals, allowing you to collaborate and exchange ideas on a global scale.
- Competitive Compensation: Receive a competitive salary package that recognizes your expertise and contributions.
- Quality-Focused: We prioritize quality in everything we do, ensuring that our work makes a meaningful impact.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Busra Yardim. Let's schedule an intake call and jump right into exploring the exciting opportunities awaiting you.
"Exploring Yacht: Your Path to Success"
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.