As an SCR calibration engineer you will be part of a team which calibrates our best in class engines and aftertreatment systems for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
Your tasks include:
- Develop heavy duty diesel engines and aftertreatment systems with focus on deNOx performance and ECU function calibration
- Calibrate and develop mechatronic components on the aftertreatment system
- Take part on one of many SCR calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to have optimal deNOx performance within the defined constraints
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several different projects
As an SCR calibration engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the Emission Calibration team.
The ideal candidate has the following background:
- Master degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Close affinity with internal combustion engines, SCR catalysts and urea dosing systems
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Experience on heavy duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- MATLAB experience (modeling and scripting) is a pre
- Knowledge of statistic
Ideally you have the following competences
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and Dutch skills are preferred
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent, and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
- A unique challenge and a matching salary, we follow equal pay. For this position the salary is based on years experience and degrees, range is between EUR 4.000,- and max EUR 7.200,- gross per month.
- €750 to spend on your workplace design.
- Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for minimum a year, as well as a guarantee that we will always have challenging assignments for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
- Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as a Mechanical Engineer. Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide range of study opportunities. How? We have a training budget of €3500 per year.
- Certainty: regardless of whether you work on an assignment through us, you will always receive 100% of your salary.
- Possibility of bonuses.
- 25 vacation days per year based on a 40-hour working week.
- 8.33% holiday pay.
- Pension scheme.
· Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specialises in this, and they know exactly what needs to be done. We will also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and, for example, open your bank account in the Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands).
Within PACCAR Global Engine Development, the Calibration department is a newly-organized global team with 58 engineers located at the state-of-the-art DAF Engine Test Center in Eindhoven and up to 20 engineers from the PACCAR Technical Center near Seattle. Together we take on the challenge to optimize our future combustion engine platforms towards upcoming emission and on-board diagnostics legislation, with best total cost of ownership and at the highest reliability in all applications.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.