As Performance Lead Engineer in one or more projects, you are responsible for engine integration activities in our engine and after treatment development projects. In this role, you apply your domain knowledge and team skills to take a leading role within PACCAR
• Prioritize and plan definition, simulation and test activities for all groups within the Engine Integration department, in close cooperation with the respective supervisors and line lead engineers;
• Analyze, summarize, review, and report out test and analysis results to (Project) Management;
• Initiate monitoring for performance status and development, and project progress;
• Take ownership of key performance indicators such as fuel economy, emissions, durability, reliability, and diagnostic robustness for your project(s).
Daily activities are in close cooperation with Global Engine Development teams in Eindhoven and North America, and other PACCAR stakeholders (Embedded Engineering, Production Engineering, After Sales, Compliance, etc.). In this role, you report to the Engineering Manager Engine Integration Development, and align on daily activities with all Engine Integration groups and the Project Core Team(s).
• Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
• At least 5 years of relevant project (lead) engineer working experience;
• Basic knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, and on-board diagnostics;
• Good English skills are mandatory;
• Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
• Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
• Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment in all applications;
• Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
• Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on their impact; Department
The company YACHT is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of a team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the automotive, high-tech industry, medical technology and other engineering domains. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result, you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine
and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers. The Engine Integration department is responsible for definition, development and calibration of engine and after treatment families towards performance and regulatory requirements. The department is split into 9 groups. The Engine Integration Development department holds a vacancy for a Project Lead Engineer.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.