Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Competence Center Operations & infrastructure (O&I) providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databses your job mission is to ensure that the database infrastructure is managed to the best economic advantage of the company and in line with business requirements enabling ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databases, you carry the responsibility for safeguarding the physical compute infrastructure. You will act on both an operational level, ensuring that designs, procedures, and policies are in place, and a tactical level, translating the database strategy into technical roadmaps.
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databases you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Translate and realize the database strategy into technical roadmaps
- Validate design plans, quotes, and orders proposed by vendors/contractors
- Coordinate and assure quality of database related changes, incidents and problems
- Report on the operational health of the global database infrastructure
- Signal, analyze and realize improvements on procedures and policies used in the daily operation
- Translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans
- Provide technical consultation to internal business partners
- Participate in domain architecture governance to identify and design the future state of the global database domain
- Support in the rollout of complex changes
- Perform the role of OEM ‘ambassador’. Communicating with database, middleware, infrastructure, Security and DevOps teams to optimize understanding and usage of OEM and introducing new features after application upgrades.
- Support in finding resolutions of high impact incidents
- Responsible for providing capacity input towards Capacity Manager
- Responsible for capacity management of the service and review the capacity reports on a monthly basis
- Provide capacity input for the capacity plan towards Capacity Manager
- “Sell” the features in the new software releases towards internal customers in order to speed up the LCM tracks
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as EMCSA or NCDA
- 7+ years professional experience with a focus on the creation of technical database roadmaps
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
Sound understanding of database technology, techniques and best practices
- Oracle/OEM, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress and Couchdb
- Advanced knowledge of EM 13.4 installation, configuration, usage and features
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
Personal skills and competences
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result-oriented are keywords
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English and preferably Dutch
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player in the different management layers
- Meet the required standards expected against the leadership capability model
Context of the position
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databases you are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Competence Center of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager Operations of the Infrastructure Services team.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.