HOW will your be working and WHAT will you be responsible for?
Working from our new office in the heart of Rotterdam we’re recruiting for a Demand planner that knows his way around planning and forecasting, with strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across various departments. But above all, a strong drive to improve and develop the existing processes and ways of working to contribute to the Lindt & Sprüngli success.
The Demand planner will be responsible for creating and maintaining a consensus demand plan for all products and customers by leading the monthly S&OP cycle. Within the S&OP cycle leading the demand reviews between key account managers (Sales) and finance business partners (Finance).
The demand plan will serve as crucial input for the S&OP and financial planning process on which are expected to play a vital role in both leading the S&OP cycle as well as improving the existing process.
- Develop effective forecast models based on trends and demand patterns on both operational and tactical horizon (base, seasonal and promotion (packaging) planning);
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and other business functions to understand market trends and other factors that impact demand, ensuring that these demand drivers are included in the demand plan;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results (monitoring planning (PDCA-cycle) and analysis).
- Partner with marketing, sales and senior management to understand product promotions and their impact on forecasting;
- Monitor forecast accuracy and develop action plans to address variances and improve performance;
- Assist marketing to develop new product forecasts and production schedules;
- Monitor and secure volume planning versus budget plans (GAP closing);
- Provide input to the supply plans in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs;
- Analyze data for potential service, capacity and financial issues and provide mitigation strategies;
- Communicate proactively issues (constraint management) to local management;
- Lead S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) meetings, presenting demand forecasts and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve sales and inventory goals;
- Produce monthly supply chain reports;
- Participate in supply chain projects (in close collaboration with Supply Chain Manager).
- You are a bachelor or universal dregree professional with a specialization in Supply chain management or business management
- Supply and demand planning skills and working knowledge of supply chain processes, preferably in the FMCG;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is a must. MS Excel analysis work and MS PowerPoint slide deck preparing and presentation are important parts of this role;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- A commercial understanding and knowledge of S&OP/IBP and other supply chain process a great opportunity to learn on the job;
- Knowledge of IBP, BW and COGNOS is a pre;
- You are capable to assimilate what happens within supply planning, material planning and baseline planning and are capable to thinking in how to set in motion which model and at the same time you are able to understand systems of forecasting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence and communicate at all levels;
- Highly independent worker, hands-on, self-starting, self-motivating;
- Excellent Analytical and organizational skills;
- Problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges and with continuous improvement mindset.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Depending on your experience and training, a competitive full-time salary (40 hours) including 8% holiday allowance and year-end bonus;
- Training and education on the job as personal development is valued within our company;
- 28 days of leave per year;
- Extensive collective insurance package.
- Interested in this role? Please do contact us and we will be glad to tell you more!
Lindt & Sprüngli is with its 175 years existence known as a market leader in premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. The chocolate products are made at 12 own production sites in Europe and the USA. They are distributed by 32 subsidiary companies and branch offices, in about 500 own stores, and also via a comprehensive network of more than 100 independent distributors around the globe. The Lindt & Sprüngli Group has over 14.600 employees and a reported sales worth of CHF 4.59 billion in 2021.
The business in The Netherlands is divided between wholesale and retail through five own Lindt stores.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.