Yacht Life Sciences has an opportunity for a Junior Research Assistant at a state-of-the-art Life Science innovation centre for the development of new product concepts for Specialized Nutrition. They create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers - infants, toddlers, elderly, and patients.
For the Gut-Brain & Neuroscience team, we are looking for a creative, critical, independent Junior Research Assistant, who would like to join the Gut-Brain & Neuroscience team. The pre-clinical team uses in vitro research to discover new nutritional concepts supporting neurological disabilities. As part of this team, you mainly will be working in our Life Sciences Laboratory on (primary) cell cultures, using immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis.
- Bachelor Life Sciences (BSc) or MSc in Biology, Neuroscience/ (neuro-) immunology or related fields. This position is open for fresh graduates as well.
- You have (internship) experience to do experiments independently and experienced in doing (primary) cell cultures.
- You have relevant and demonstrable (internship) experience with immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis (High content imaging experience would be preferred).
- Experience in programming (python) and/or using image analysis software (e.g. ImageJ, Cell Profiler) is desirable.
- Perform data analysis using standard software packages (e.g. Excel, Graphpad) is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English
- You can be an active member of the research team, you are able to gain knowledge of the field through literature survey and to discuss the findings with team members, and in internal lab meetings.
- You feel comfortable working in a dynamic organization, with different functional disciplines and nationalities
- You have strong organizational skills, pro-active, eye for quality and technical insight, analytic and creative mindset, open, enthusiastic and team player
This concerns a temporary secondment contract till 31 December 2023 (extension is possible) via Yacht, full-time is strongly preferred (32 or 36 hours per week can be discussed). We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position, with a full-time salary between 2200 and 2600 euro gross per 4 week period (excluding 8,33% holiday allowance).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our client has worldwide R&D facilities and established a new research & innovation center at the Utrecht Science Park. You will work in a life sciences innovation center for the development of new product concepts for Baby Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. They create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients. Capitalizing on their numerous international pre-clinical and clinical collaborations, they aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.