We are looking for a full stack developer who wants to join our development team in building extraordinary software that changes how the Research & Education (R&E) networking community collaborates, innovates and shares knowledge. You will be working on designing, developing and deploying software solutions, such as Network Management Systems and Events Management Systems, to support our business and our community.
The majority of the work involves:
● Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements
● Architecting, designing, developing, testing and implementing bespoke Information Systems in Python and related technologies
● Agile / Scrum development
● Testing, reviewing, enhancing and maintaining existing applications
● Providing level 3 support for developed systems
● Configuring and supporting automated application provisioning on the project infrastructure
● Ensuring all work is carried out to the highest quality standards with appropriate detailed documentation
● Working in a collaborative environment interacting with various stakeholders
● Other duties as may reasonably be required
Occasional travel will be required as part of this role.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in computer science or related discipline.
• Comprehensive understanding of the full stack software development lifecycle.
• Able to demonstrate hands-on development experience in a Linux environment.
• Extensive programming experience with Python-based web application development technologies, specifically Flask, SQLAlchemy, pip, tox, pytest.
• Demonstrable integration experience with bespoke third-party APIs.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn Trust & Identity technologies (such as SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Shibboleth, SimpleSamlPHP).
• Knowledge of applying security concepts in software development.
• Good relational database experience, preferably Postgres and MySQL.
• Working knowledge of Linux, preferably experience with Ubuntu 20.04 and RHEL/Centos 7.0.
• Extensive experience working with Git in a production environment.
• Experience with developing in a CI environment, especially with Jenkins.
• Good understanding of Agile methodology (Scrum) and Test-Driven Development.
• Experience in deploying applications in a virtualised environment.
• Master’s degree in a related discipline.
• Good understanding and experience with computer networks. Some knowledge of optical networks would be helpful.
• Working knowledge of classical web scripting languages, such as PHP or JSP.
• Some knowledge of Ruby on Rails would be helpful.
• Good understanding of configuration/provisioning frameworks, especially Puppet.
• Basic understanding of Authentication and Authorization infrastructures.
• Experience with SNMP.
Core Competencies and Management Competencies
Problem solving and decision making:
The ability to work with information of different kinds and draw on different types of thinking processes in order to carry out tasks and activities, respond appropriately to issues, develop solutions to problems and make appropriate decisions.
The desire to meet the needs of internal and external customers; focusing efforts on discovering and satisfying their needs.
Self motivation and commitment to results:
The willingness to take responsibility for your own area of work (within a team) and the drive and tenacity to overcome difficulties and see things through to successful completion, on time.
Innovation and improvement:
Noticing and seeking out where there are problems or opportunities; proposing creative new ideas and showing the initiative to take action when appropriate.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.