Engine Performance Calibration Engineer
Calibrate and validate our best-in-class engines for optimal performance
Job description. As an engine performance calibration engineer you will be part of a team that calibrates our best-in-class engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
• Develop heavy-duty diesel engines with a focus on engine performance and ECU function
• Performance validation of new proto engines
o Analyze and solve deviations
o Monitor spread
o Deliver feedback for improvements
• Calibrate and develop mechatronic components on the engine
• Take part on one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to have
optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
• Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
• Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
• Collaboration in teams to support several different projects
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the
System Calibration team.
• Master's degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics
• Close affinity with internal combustion engines
• Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy-duty truck engines
o Data acquisition
o Data analytics
o ATI / Inca
• Experience on heavy-duty truck engine calibration is a pre
• Matlab experience (modeling and scripting) is a pre
• Knowledge of statistics
• This person has the following competencies
o Result orientation
o Progress monitoring
o Attention to details
• Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and Dutch skills are preferred
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career.
During your assignment, we will coach you and help you develop your personal and professional skills. There will be a lot of learning on the job and also the possibility to do courses. We will always be in contact for you to make to best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment. With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract, we strive to give a satisfying contract with our professionals.
Are you an expat coming to the Netherlands? We can image that you have some questions about how this works. Normally the interviews will happen via google hangout but a second face-to-face interview is sometimes necessary.
When you are hired for a job in the Netherlands, Yacht will arrange this move for you. We will arrange the visa application for you (and your family) and look for the appropriate housing for you. Next to this we will help you get the 30% ruling and Dutch Social Security number.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.