Introduction to the job
ASML is the world's leading manufacturer of lithography technology, fundamental to mass-producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world's top chipmakers are creating faster, more powerful, and more energy-efficient microchips. ASML is a global public listed company with over 37,000 employees worldwide. To keep attracting and retaining talent is crucial to maintain our fast pace of innovation and essential to our long-term success as a company.
Introduction to the job
Can you lead, coach, and inspire an agile release train? Do you have a passion for technology? Then working on accelerating ASML’s Next Generation Common Digital Platform and Data Foundation is the job for you!
Our team's mission
Our Technology & Change Program is a strategic initiative under the recently established Digital Platform & Services business unit which in turn is part of the Business Line Applications. Our mission is to accelerate the delivery of a state-of-the-art common digital platform and data foundation to enable the scalable development of products and services and to maximize the creation of value from data for ASML and its customers. The program team is organized in an incubator reporting to a cross-sector, cross-business-line leading coalition and to ASML’s Executive Committee.
Role and responsibilities
The Program team is the transformation office with the mission to drive overall consistent implementation of the common digital platform and data foundation across ASML and its ecosystem. As part of the Program team, the Release Train Engineer ensures the Common Digital Platform and Data Foundation release train executes its commitments according to the needs of the sectors and business lines.
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE) and Scrum Master, you are part of the leadership team of the ART, which is a multi-disciplinary team of around 50 professionals. You work with a team of Scrum Masters to remove execution bottlenecks, facilitate the rituals of the ART, and create transparency by reporting and driving continuous improvement. You closely collaborate with the Chief Product Owner, the System Architect, and the Agile Coaches.
- As the Release Train Engineer you orchestrate the stable teams and ensure the overall performance of your ART.
- Build a competent team by (1) Laying the foundation and acting as a scrum master. (2) Leading and coaching the team of scrum masters of the ART in their (scaled) agile roles and working with them as a team.
- Drive the delivery of the ART by (1) Ensuring the work committed by the teams in the running quarter (PI) is delivered. (2) Managing dependencies to other release trains and/or initiatives. (3) Addressing bottlenecks that prevent the teams from delivering. (4) Creating transparency on execution towards the internal and external stakeholders by organizing and facilitating the agile rituals and tracking the ART’s performance metrics.
- Drive performance of the ART by (1) Closely monitoring the predictability, efficiency, and employee engagement. (2) Continuously improving in these areas. (3) Driving continuous improvement of the ART efficiency by optimizing ART rituals, pro-active ART staffing, and ART set-up. (4) Taking ownership of improvement initiatives within the community initiated by the teams themselves or the larger organization (program or line).
Education and experience
- A master’s degree in engineering, information technology, or a relevant technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role in similar international and complex high-tech environments.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience developing, integrating, and testing complex multi-disciplinary products in Agile/SAFe environments.
- Knowledge of data platforms, data management, and data mesh.
- Highly motivated team builder with excellent social, coordination, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to provide direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level and to prioritize and make sound decisions to give direction to the team.
- Demonstrates ownership of the effectiveness and success of a large team.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, can-do and continuous improvement mentality.
- Learning mindset: open, ready for change, and taking initiative.
- You can organize events (rituals such as the quarterly PI Planning Event) effectively and can communicate in a complex stakeholder field.
- Ability to work in an international, multi-cultural setting.
- Fluent in English.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.