Mechanical Expert Problem Solving for DAF Trucks in Eindhoven.
In this function you report to the Project Lead Engineer of the project team and overall to the department supervisor. As a design engineer/expert you have a range of responsibilities:
• Main activity is solving issues in the field, at production or at the supplier.
• In cooperation with the design team and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing constructions to meet project targets.
• You are responsible for initiating supporting activities in other groups such as verification activities at engine and vehicle test, mounting test at Production etc..
• Contribution to simultaneous engineering teams with the engine factory and other parties is part of the job.
• Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
• Technical Bachelor or Master degree
• 0-3 years of relevant experience
• Capable of fast in depth expertise for engine knowledge built-up
• Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
• Used to handle complex problem design projects and the resulting stress.
• Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
• Clear communication skills, both verbal and presentation wise
• CREO & Windchill CAD skills knowledge
• Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
• Clear and structured way of working
• Experience with working in development projects
• Automotive [Engine HW] or knowledge is very beneficial
English is a must, Dutch is a pre
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Salary range for this role depends on your highest earned degree and years of experience, with a maximum of EUR 5.500,- gross per month.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Global Engine Engineering is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; engine externals 1, engine externals 2, engine FAE (fuel, air and egr) and EAS (engine aftertreatment system) . For the externals 1 we have an open position in the running business team for a problem solver.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.