We are looking to hire a Thermal Engineer for Philips, Eindhoven. In this role you have the opportunity to create, design, model and test thermal and flow solutions for high-performance mechatronic systems. Create solutions for our customers within time and budget, for Philips businesses and other (external) companies. These applications vary from thermal management of an MR system to creating nm-accurate motion systems for semiconductor equipment. You will be the linking pin in the mechatronic development projects regarding thermal management.
You are responsible for
- Thermal design studies with Matlab in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by thermal, thermo-mechanical and Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling in Ansys (FEM / CFD) in the detailed engineering phase to experimental validation of the predicted thermal/flow behavior in our customers systems;
- Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success;
- Provide consultancy at customers request with respect to thermal management.
Your are part of
Philips Engineering Solutions (PES) draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips.
The PES Mechatronics department, with approximately 200 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in high accuracy positioning, e.g. lithography systems and magnetically levitated stages, but also crucial improvements to products ranging from shavers to respiratory aids.
You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Engineering Solutions and its customers. The Thermal, Flow & Control group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 25 specialists in the field of Control, Thermal, Flow, Tribology and Laser technology. The team solves high tech challenges for our customers. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like Philips Healthcare businesses and semiconductor equipment suppliers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience with MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics with a thermal background;
- Experience with measurements in the fields of thermal and flow;
- Knowledge of Finite element methods (e.g. Ansys/Comsol);
- Customer-centric attitude and interest in executing R&D projects for customers. Always looking from the angle of creating value for the customer;
- Solid analytical attitude and experience with experimental validation of thermal models;
- Motivated to apply these skills in the field of system and concept design;
- Knowledge of modelling in Matlab;
- Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
- Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers;
- Excellent communicative skills and motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges;
- Interest in vacuum and particle contamination control is preferred.
In return, we offer you
- Gross salary between €4.200-5.200;
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects;
- Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development;
- Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.