For the DAF state-of-art engine development centre in Eindhoven we are looking for a
Test Specialist Engine testing
• Development of measurement methodologies for engine testing in close cooperation with internal and external development partners.
• Support engine test groups as part of a team of specialists
• Align existing data analysis & reporting tools with legislative requirements
• Develop and improve data management, mining, analysis & reporting methodologies.
• Develop and automate instrument calibration procedures and equipment.
• Support model based testing methodology and realization.
• Collaboration in project teams.
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronica (must)
• Detailed knowledge in the field of thermodynamics, combustion, emissions, statistics and instrumentation
• Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience with Matlab programming
• Preferably 6 to 10 years work experience of which at least 3 years (must) of diesel engine application/emission measurement experience on HD truck engines
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in multidisciplinary teams
• Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine-, measurement- and software- matters
• Confident and convincing professional with excellent communication skills, capable of working in an independent and pro active way (must)
• Good English skills are mandatory, (preferably also German), willingness to learn Dutch (must)
The company YACHT is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of a team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the automotive, high-tech industry, medical technology and other engineering domains. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result, you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.