Within Yacht, we are looking for a UX Designer to join our client ASML.
The User Experience (UX) competence team within ASML IT creates user-facing solutions that enable ASML employees to work more efficiently and effectively, that are quickly adopted and continuously used, and that provide a consistent user experience across applications, devices, and locations. Our work concerns custom applications as well as adaptations to standard software. The software ranges from desktop applications used in the ASML offices, to mobile applications used in our factories, to wearable applications used in our customers’ cleanrooms.
Your goal is to realize significant user experience improvements in our business software applications, in order to increase user efficiency, effectiveness, satisfaction, and adoption. You will do user research, create UI mockups, apply and contribute to the ASML design guidelines, and validate prototypes with users worldwide. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that consists of e.g. a product owner, a solution architect, a business process analyst, and software developers. You will thus be the lead in defining, embedding, and executing the user-centered design process. Furthermore, you will proactively share challenges and best practices with your ±30 peer designers from the UX competence.
Role and responsibilities of UX Designer
(1) User Research:
- Prepare and execute user research methods such as contextual inquiry and task analysis.
- Communicate findings using e.g. personas, user journeys, and user stories.
- Validate prototypes through local, remote, moderated, and unmoderated usability tests.
- Define quantitative UX metrics and collect data to report on them.
(2) Interaction Design:
- Create wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Apply the ASML design guidelines and improve or extend them if necessary.
- Make sure that your designs are aligned with the functional and technical stakeholders.
(3) UX Consulting:
- Define the right user-centered design approach based on the project’s or agile team’s goals and status quo (budget, timelines, availability of skills, etc.).
- Embed the approach in the project’s or agile team’s way of working and safeguard it under sometimes adverse conditions.
- Proactively share challenges and best practices with your peers from the UX competence.
Required Education and experience as a UX Designer
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an area such as Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, or Engineering.
- More than 5 years of professional UX experience (post-degree).
- Experience with the design of complex business-to-business or enterprise applications
- Experience with agile/scrum/DevOps
- Experience with moderating participatory design/co-creation/design thinking workshops
- Experience with visual design
- Experience with Miro and Figma
- Experience with data visualization
To thrive in this job as a UX Designer, you’ll need the following skills
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to deal with resistance and convince others of the value of UX.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term goals, to compromise and to adapt way of working.
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing conditions.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Looking for a professional to join ASML asap.
- You need to be at the office in Veldhoven 3 days per week.
- Do not apply if you are in procedure for any other vacancy within ASML.
- This position is for a maximum of 36 months.
- FTE: 40 hours
- Salary: €4700 - €5700 gross per month. There will be several other benefits.
- Freelancers (ZZP) and candidates from suppliers can be considered.
- Only candidates that are eligible to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
Interested? send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.