STERIS AST helps create a healthier and safer world by providing contract sterilization to manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods and industrial products. One of the sterilization technologies used for healthcare products for patient care is Ethylene Oxide.
Currently, STERIS AST EMEA is looking for a Head of Engineering Ethylene Oxide (EtO) who will be responsible for the EMEA region. This Head of Engineering EtO will lead and drive together with the EtO Plant Leads defined Capital Investment projects to improve quality, reliability, Safety and environmental aspects. Act as an effective Project Manager Lead. Next to this, he or she will make sure that the plants function in accordance to (local) laws and regulations. We are therefore looking for an international oriented and result driven people manager with a profound background in Transformation Process Engineering.
Core tasks for this challenging position for STERIS AST EMEA are for instance:
- Ensure that all EtO plants in the EMEA region are compliant to the STERIS world class safety objectives and the quality management system;
- Benchmark all regional facilities with a clear action plan;
- Develop a tool for monitoring critical components for the EMEA EtO plants;
- Facilitate information and engineering know-how;
- Enforce safety practices in compliance to internal and external requirements and regulations;
- Develop a STERIS AST Engineering Standard for all EtO Plants in the EMEA region;
- Develop and implement Hazard Control procedures;
- Identify and develop appropriate Standardized training requirements for the EtO engineers and support implementation;
- Interpret local regulatory standards;
- Experience with LEAN, 5S, Agile, Sustainability and One Team One Goal strategies;
- International travel (20% of the time);
More information is available and will be provided in a personal interview.
In order to fulfill this core position for STERIS AST, we are looking for someone who has at least:
- A Bachelor Degree;
- Proven project management experience;
- Proven work experience (10-15 years) in the field of engineering;
- Proven leadership qualities (leading by example);
- Good understanding of the principle of continuous improvement;
- Contract Management experience:
- Experiences in Best Practice Sharing across sites;
- Experience in managing Critical Component (parts) inventory.
Most important competences:
- Willing to go the extra mile for our Customers (Customer First, always);
- High degree of trust, integrity and honesty;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Acute awareness of the importance of safety to the business;
- Well-developed understanding of risk and risk avoidance;
- Provide leadership to ensure safe engineering practices by development of an effective safety culture;
- Able to easily blend into the divers company structures.
Terms & working conditions:
- A perm position
- Salary, max €7.000 P/M
- On top holiday allowance 8%
- On top lease car
- On top travel expenses
- On top a serious company bonus structure
STERIS Applied Sterilization Technologies provides contract sterilization, laboratory testing, and product and packaging testing services to manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, and industrial products. Through their global network of facilities, they provide a technology-neutral sterilization services offering including electron beam, gamma, ethylene oxide, and X-ray technologies. They support customers throughout the sterilization process with a comprehensive offering of testing and validation services, including microbiological, analytical, and product and packaging testing.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.