DAF Trucks N.V. with location in Eindhoven (Netherlands) is looking for an
Senior OBD Calibration Engineer
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel and alternative fuel engines?
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
• ‘All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today’
o Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product for our customers
• Not afraid to say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done.
• Calibration of Fuel Injection and Misfire Detection algorithms to ensure the engine is compliant to OBD regulation and meet requirements from DAF product specification book.
• Specify and Monitor interaction between different development teams for involved components and associated diagnostics. Technical as well on planning, timing and quality aspects.
• Perform or Support Calibration and Verification work on engine and vehicle level.
• Identify Weaknesses & Opportunities wrt diagnostic, processes and tooling.
• Support Field data analysis.
• Support the OBD certification process.
• Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Testcases / DOE / Simulations / HIL) and different types of documentation.
As OBD Calibration Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation, supported by an OBD Performance Lead Engineer.
• Bachelor or Master degree on automotive or mechanical engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines
• Knowledge or interest in OBD regulation and OBD systems.
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
• Good Matlab/Simulink, Data Processing Tools & MS-Office skills are mandatory.
• Knowledge about Statistics is required.
• Ability to bring a message across to different audiences, motivate and support team members.
• Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch if needed.
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
• A unique challenge and a matching salary.
• Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for a year and the guarantee that we always have challenging assignments for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
• Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as an OBD Calibration Engineer in Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide range of study opportunities.
• Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specialises in this and they know exactly what needs to be done. We also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and, for example, open your bank account in the Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands).
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.