Due to the growth of our client, an ambitious and growing organization in the Achterhoek region, we are now looking for an experienced Procurement Category Manager Logistics. If you are a strong entrepreneur, negotiator and looking to shape a new role within the business, then this could be your chance.
The Procurement function has a key role to play: deliver the most competitive cost & cash base and create top line value by building and managing a strong supplier base.
As a Buyer Logistics you will be managing Distribution Spend in close collaboration with the Distribution team. Your activities will be including but not limited to sourcing and contracting activities for both outbound (night transport, regular road transport, couriers) and inbound (road transport and sea freight). Liaising with the Manager Transport you will contribute to the development and implementation of category Procurement plans that deliver best in class results.
You will report directly to the Procurement Manager Indirect Spend.
- Create and gain business wide support for and implement category sourcing plans that deliver tangible results;
- Develop sourcing strategies in line with category plans and use the strategic sourcing software tool;
- Build effective relationships engaging with stakeholders across functions and country business units that maximize value and drive continuous improvement;
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to deliver total cost of ownership savings in your category and collaborate with the Distribution team on the implementation of these plans to capture those opportunities;
- Proactively manage supplier relationships in close alignment with the Distribution team regarding quality and service levels, to drive continuous improvement and position the organization as a customer of choice;
- Measure and benchmark supplier performance;
- Continually search for cost saving opportunities, new technologies, new services and new suppliers that contribute to the overall strategy of the business.
To be successful in this role, you will need a relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree combined with at least 5 years of relevant experience, of which at least one year being in Logistics and preferably in a Procurement team/environment. You have shown your ability to translate plans into actions, to manage projects in the most efficient way and to challenge the existing and to drive change when necessary.
- Previous Carrier Business Development and/or Transportation Management experience would be considered as an asset;
- Good knowledge of the European logistics market;
- An excellent track record of delivering “best in class cost and cash results”;
- International experience in global / EU companies is desirable;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Experience with creating and implementing Procurement category strategies;
- Experience with Strategic sourcing software, e.g. SAP Ariba / Oracle / Coupa.
Our client is an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization. They value personal development a lot so they offer great personal training budget for education and career opportunities. Besides your competitive monthly salary, our client also offers:
- Profit sharing bonus
- 37 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Generous pension plan
- IT equipment
- Possibility to partially work from home or the Utrecht hub
The company is known by Yacht.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.