As Data Scientist and Coordinator of the Global Engines Data Analytics team, you are responsible for developing methodologies to continuously improve the analytical capabilities of the team.
In this role, you specifically add your knowledge on data science and your skills as a coordinator to optimize the capabilities and output of the data analytics team.
Your responsibilities and goals:
- Take ownership of the Global Engines data analytics team methodologies and processes
- Lead the dedicated team
- Prioritize and plan Data Analytics Requests within the Engine Integration & Validation department, in close cooperation with the respective supervisors and line leads
- Coordinate EI&V say in data sources, as well as improvements to these sources
- Provide EI&V contribution to data source improvements and investments
- Setup dashboards towards engine testcel / Vehicle KPI's and act on the results
- Create Roadmap for the Data Analytics team for Continuous improvement of methodologies and processes
- Innovate data analytics methods and sources
- Initiate and coordinate PowerBI or Tableau dashboard creations and automatic e-mail notification for Department KPI monitoring and actions, e.g. Tracks, Trace, WPM, FRACAS, eWarp, GRPA.
Daily activities are in close cooperation with Global Engine Development teams in Eindhoven and North America, the Engine Test Center in Eindhoven, the PACCAR Technical Center, and other PACCAR stakeholders (Embedded Engineering, Production Engineering, After Sales, Compliance, etc).
In this role, you report to the Engineering Supervisor System Definition.
- Degree in Data Science;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Basic knowledge of automotive, combustion engine, after-treatment, on-board diagnostics;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
- Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
- Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment, as well of the analysis thereof;
- Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on their impact;
- Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
• A unique challenge and a matching salary.
• Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for a year and the guarantee that we always have challenging assignments for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
• Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as an OBD Calibration Engineer in Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide range of study opportunities.
• Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specializes in this and they know exactly what needs to be done. We also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and, for example, open your bank account in the Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands).
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.