Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for a Solution engineer who will be the IT specialist for Siemens Cranes in The Hague and who will be participating in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, PC networks, virtualization, cyber security topics . A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
Reporting to the head of engineering, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products. You will be responsible for the IT side of the projects we do: designing, implementing and supporting. You will have a unique role at the department as a driving force to guide us in the rapid developing world of IT.
• Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development.
• Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
• Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
• Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
• Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
• Supports the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyzes potential malfunctions.
• Identifies and defines technical requirements for realizing alternative applications.
• Evaluates different build in concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
• Ensures observance of specifications.
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems. This function is new in the department therefore we are looking for someone who can pioneer in this role.
• Degree in (Technical) Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• Thorough experience in the use of computers in industrial / technical applications;
• 5 -10 years relevant IT engineering experience;
• Networking: Routing and switching knowledge / Managed switches / VPN / Wireshark / Tcpdump / Firewall;
• Operating System: Windows Server;
• Virtualization Knowledge: VMware vs Hyper-V;
• Troubleshooting skills: Root cause analysis / Performance tuning and monitoring;
• Relevant experience with selecting and configuring: Domain Controllers and Cloud computing;
• Affinity with cyber security;
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation (such as requirements, design and testing procedures);
• Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
• Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget;
• Highly motivated, good organizational skills, excellent communication skills.
• Experience with networking of industrial automation components like PLC, Remote IO, camera’s, lasers and redundant communication;
• Experience with: deploying Active directory and WSUS;
• Programming experience (C++, Python, C#, PHP/HTML)
• Working within a strict quality management system;
• Commissioning and troubleshooting site installations.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.