Key words: Gas flows, vacuum system, architecture, optics lifetime, defectivity, suppression, contamination and particle transport, heat transfer, EUV scanner.
We are looking to hire an Vacuum Flow Architect for ASML, Veldhoven within YACHT. In this role, you are working on the translation of the overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained high EUV transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination, throughout the optical column and beyond. You analyze data, identify improvement opportunities and create budgets for flow & (partial) pressures and particle and molecular contamination.
Your main responsibilities as Vacuum Flow Architect are:
- Analyze fab & field system performance data, initiate root cause finding & problem solving;
- Translate overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination;
- Design gas flow architecture and implementation proposals in EUV litho tool, quantify (predictive & experimental) the performance, create design specifications on gas flow, (partial) pressure and outgassing;
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of the architecture or subsystem;
- Steer modeling and analyses to predict and evaluate the functionality of the flow architecture;
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests;
- Be a critical partner to our internal and external customers, provide direction and advise on solutions;
- Contribute to the group competence growth by research, experimental testing and/or cooperation with external research partners.
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Master or PhD degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related field of study.
- 5-7 years work experience in industry in related area in technical complex environment
- Experience with gas flow transport phenomena and/or aerodynamics engineering
- Theoretical and practical experience with vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Experience with vacuum component selection and vacuum system design and integration
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is preferred
You are a highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
You quickly understand requests and pose the right questions to get to the point.
You are able to bring your ideas across and get buy-in, based on your solid knowledge of the matter and understanding your customer
You are able to perform in highly dynamic environment, stress resilient
You organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
You provide technical direction, motivate and convince your team of professionals: mechanical, flow, thermal designers
You have a pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
You are an enthusiastic personality with a creative mindset and can-do mentality
You stand your ground in discussions with your (internal) customers, suppliers, and project counterparts
Of course, you are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Permanent contract ensures longer stay in the Netherlands.
- We take care of Visa formalities (for professionals & dependents) and complete relocation support
- Salary range 5.500-7.000 Euros per month + Quarterly and annual accumulative bonus
- Pension & social security
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and delivers vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
Our group is responsible for the conceptualization, specification and functional integration of the EUV scanner vacuum architecture and specification of its subsystems. You are the technical expert for an important part of ASML’s EUV lithography platform and interface with most of the scanner modules.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.