The Product Development department Vehicle Electrics/Electronics is responsible for the application and development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems. Within this department, the group Vehicle Electrification focuses on high voltage systems (i.e. eMotor, convertors, e-auxiliaries, batteries, etc) for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV).
These high voltage systems are developed in close cooperation with system suppliers, and together with DAF’s sister companies Kenworth, Peterbilt and Leyland.
As senior engineer high voltage systems you are primarily responsible for the realisation of the correct functioning of the high voltage vehicle system during the development and test phase, at production run and in series production.
You will be involved in the specification and development of new and modified electrical systems and components, which are part of the total electrical system of the BEV and you take care of the documentation, which is required for developing diagnostics applications for production and dealer testing.
You cooperate closely with your engineering colleagues from different departments, both at DAF and at Kenworth, Peterbilt and Leyland. You are the integrator between supplier and other internal departments, such as Marketing, After Sales, production, purchasing and testing, with focus on correctly specifying system requirements (hardware and software), monitoring supplier progress, initiating and following system testing, and management reporting on development status.
• HTS/TU Electrical Engineering/Automotive Engineering/Computer Science.
• Knowledge and experience with (high voltage) electrical/electronic systems of the vehicle.
• Knowledge and experience with CAN network applications on vehicles.
• Knowledge and experience with PC and Windows platform.
• Independence, pro-active and focus on results.
• Knowledge and experience in the area of coordination and planning is an advantage.
• Team player.
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English, and preferably also German.
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
• A unique challenge and a matching salary.
• Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for a year and the guarantee that we always have challenging assignments for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
• Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as an Electrical Engineer. Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide range of study opportunities.
• Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specializes in this and they know exactly what needs to be done. We also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and, for example, open your bank account in the Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-Netherlands).
Yacht is the organisation of and for professionals. We connect the professionals and organisations that make the difference. Our goal is the optimal result: to offer you, as a professional, challenging work in which you can permanently improve our clients’ organisations. Are you one of the best professionals in your field? Do you want to work with colleagues to make the difference in leading (international) organisations? If so, we’d like to get to know you better.
As an Electrical Engineer at Yacht, you will work on the development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems for exciting organisations. And you’ll work in an international environment with colleagues who are just as decisive and ambitious as you. What you’ll do here is work that really matters. You and your colleagues are the driving force behind progress.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.