Introduction to the job
Do you take initiative and ownership from the beginning until the end when it comes to the development of hardware products? Do you have extensive experience with precision mechanics?
We are looking for a “junior” mechanical engineer and a “senior” (lead) mechanical engineer for WTC who will work with mechanical wafers and wafer table components in our Wafer Tables and Clamps (WTC) department within the Mechanical Development (MDEV) cluster in ASML.
Wafer tables and clamps are the mechanical interface between our machine and the wafers that we process. It is a hardware product that needs to provide a nanometer accurate platform for a million plus wafer passes. Therefore, it requires a complex combination of precision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing competences to realize this.
As a mechanical engineer for WTC you will design, develop, test and introduce mechanical wafers, wafer table components, and related tools for manufacturing, assembly and servicing. Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for all hardware development and issue resolutions. Will you lead our developments into the future as a junior/senior (lead) mechanical engineer for our WTC department?
Role and responsibilities
As a mechanical engineer in the (WTC) department you’ll develop precision engineered products that meet functional and operational requirements. You’ll secure the quality and performance of your designs by performing theoretical and practical verifications. Finally, you will Integrate your designs into the machine with your internal customers.
As a mechanical engineer for WTC, you’ll:
- Design hardware products with the optimal balance of precision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing aspects
- Review concepts with different stakeholders (such as architects, FEM analysts, project leaders, project team, and suppliers)
- Actively engage external/internal suppliers and your internal customers to align their needs
- Follow ASML’s processes and use your precision engineering skills to make 3D-designs, prototypes, minimize risks and deliver reliable and cost-effective designs Create the technical product documentation and introduce it into our product lifecycle management system
- Qualify the design by contributing to the specification and execution of various tests
- Be active in the field to check issues that may arise
- Ensure the hardware products and tools work well; to develop and manufacture series in high volume
As a senior (lead) mechanical engineer, you’ll:
- Specify and design modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems
- Set-up requirements (define the purpose of the hardware and coordinate the required components)
- Be a technical leader who defines the solution, coaches and guides several engineers in your team as well as managing supplier feedback
- Be responsible for applying the correct mechanical construction principles, plan and delegate work to the team
- Realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests
- Design and realize tests and appliances and be responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built, and tests are done
- Be responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- Work with co-developers and external supplying parties to timely deliver to your project on site at ASML or at co-developer sites
Education and experience
To help us design, develop, test and introduce the best mechanical wafers, wafer table components, as mechanical engineer for WTC you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (with some years of experience) or;
Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from a technical university
- Some years of experience in the development of precision hardware;
Junior mechanical engineer: 0 – 2 years of experience
Senior (lead) mechanical engineer: 8+ years of experience
- Specialized knowledge of precision engineering, technical materials, coatings, tribology and bonding technology
- A must: experience with NX and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- A plus: design experience with glass and/or ceramics
experience within cleanroom environment
experience with Teamcenter
Working at the forefront of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive as a mechanical engineer for our Wafer Tables and Clamps (WTC) department, you’ll need the following skills:
- Very analytical and pragmatic attitude
- Accurate and quality focused minded
- Team player
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic technical environment
- Goal oriented team player with good communication
- Take charge and lead your own development
- Fluency in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions.
Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.