The new team member will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. Experience in the Agile methodologies would be a perfect fit, able to slice and dice work/ideas in clear stories and tasks. The candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-inventing and re-designing the data architecture to support our next generation of our Data Lake and is able to derive a roadmap plan for this. Currently we start moving to a (near) real-time datalake.
Roles and responsibilities
- Create and maintain, with the team, an optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across international boundaries through multiple data centers
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data and/or Software Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience using one or more of the following software/tools:
- NiFi, Groovy, Hive, HDFS
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java, Spark, Scala, Flink and Python.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with stream-processing systems like Kafka and/or Flink.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. In both batch and real-time data integration.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with ETL processes and tools
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Test automation, Docker
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders and cross border squads
- Results oriented, determined and having a self-driven attitude
- Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology
- You are based in the Netherlands, if not we can not take your application into consideration.
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life.
The benefits of working with us include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
You will be working in a team where you will learn, share your knowledge, have fun, together with top data engineers. The Data Engineer will actively support our software developers, database engineers and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.