Reports to: Plant General Manager, Manages: QA department (team of 10 subordinates)
Goal of function:
The Quality Manager adheres to all safety policies and procedures, and promotes a safe work environment. He / she manages the Quality Department and provides leadership, coaching, and training, workplace safety, environmental concerns for department and ensures that company and customer product quality requirements are fully satisfied. To maintain and develop quality standards and procedures and actively promote measures for continuous product improvement.
In Leadership & Management:
- Responsible for the daily, monthly and yearly activities and conduct of the Quality Department ensuring that the company’s systems and procedures for managing product quality are effectively implemented and controlled
- Leads, guides and supports and monitors the inspection, testing and checking of materials
In Quality Assurance:
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain Quality procedures and ensures that quality specifications for current and new products are achieved
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a Quality plan to bring the company’s quality systems and policies into compliance with Quality standards and Customer requirements.
- Effectively interact with production and development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products
- Working with purchasing team to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Manage and maintain the quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to quality.
- Liaises with customers and suppliers regarding product quality matters and (any) concerns arising, additionally ensures that all requirements for reporting and supporting analysis and documentation are met
- Liaises with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with the customers’ specification
- Is responsible, within the standards and timelines, for communicating all quality related matters such as requirements, concerns, customer claims to concerning departments in the organisation
- Promotes and coordinates employee involvement in maintaining product quality standards
- Keeps abreast of several external quality standards (ISO, FSC) and advises Plant General Manager on changes arising and of measures to ensure in-house compliance. Leads and is responsible for the (outcome) of the audits
- Ensuring that the quality systeem onsite is in accordance with the market standards and ISO15504 / ISO9001, and being able to argument the similarities.
- Is together with the OHSE manager responsible for updating the integrated management system.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Collating and analysing performance data and charts against defined parameters
In Continuous Improvement:
- Supports Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives to deliver CI objectives
- Leads teams to execute CI projects using the Amcor continuous improvement methodology
- Ensures that visual management and other reporting media are compiled to provide feedback on the progress of CI projects and that outcomes are effectively communicated and reported upon.
- Leads Green Belt projects and day to day improvement and supports team members in continuous improvement activities resulting in delivery and execution of projects with positive results
In Training & Development:
- Identifies specific training and development requirements for individuals of department
- Carries out trainings for all employees that need to be acquainted with quality and quality related standards in accordance of the requirement(s) of the customer(s)
- Ensures that work is done in compliance with OHSE rules Ensures that the department works according the 5S + S method and ensuring that each team member has a clean workspace.
- Provides risk analysis and ensures that modifications to machinery and equipment complies with regulatory requirements
- Bachelor degree preferably technical education (Chemistry)
- At least 5 years work experience with a QA and/or QC department.
- Good computer skills
- Good communicative and written skills
- Flexibile, analytical, hands on and punctual worker.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- The position requires the job holder to be trained as a Six Sigma ‘Green Belt’ and to undertake trainings in safety management, problem solving and CI techniques and team skills
- In depth knowledge of ISO and related quality standards and procedures and of Amcor’s internal product quality systems and requirements ISO15504 / ISO9001
- Assertive and self starting
- Impeccable English in speech and writing is a Must and Dutch is highly advantageous
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.