Our client, a fully regulated UK bank, is looking to establish a European payment entity with a view
to extending its reach to prospective clients across the European Union (EU). We are looking for an experienced general manager.
The bank is an establishing and growing wholesale international payments and FX provider serving primarily International Development Organisations (IDO), FinTech/Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Banks, and Corporates.
The General Manager role is a multifaceted one that will focus on:
• Establishing the legal entity and ensuring that it complies with the UK and Dutch licencing requirements.
• Acting as the main local interface with external stakeholders (including local regulators and clients) and internal
• Work closely with all functions of the London HQ, including but not limited to, Client Coverage, Global Markets, Risk &
Compliance and Operations.
• Building a client base across the EU.
• Oversight of risk and compliance requirements.
• Provide oversight of the day-to-day operational processes and liaising with the mother bank as needed.
The General Manager will be responsible and accountable for building and leading a small local team that will work in close collaboration with to identify appropriate target clients that would benefit from our specialist services. Furthermore, as the most senior representative of the group within the EU, the General Manager will be accountable to DNB.
Specifically, you will:
• Directly lead our engagement across, at least, one of our 4 target segments in Europe.
• Coordinate our approach across other target segments through close collaboration with the London HQ
• Lead our engagement with regulators as required, to ensure compliance with local regulations including money laundering, whistleblowing, anti-bribery and corruption and conduct rules
• Takes responsibility for the bank in Europe to adhere to compliance regulation, including money laundering,
whistleblowing, anti-bribery and corruption and conduct rules
• Responsibility for the Operational Risk Management Framework and its associated components (Risk &
Control Self Assessments (RCSA), incidents, operational scenario analysis etc).
• Oversight of material operation risk exposures and activities in across the Bank in line with Operational
Risk appetite, framework, policies, procedures and other controls.
• Lead our attendance at appropriate fora across the EU to build market awareness and brand recognition
for the bank
• Oversee the establishment and smooth running of the legal entity in line with regulations.
• Lead the business across EU territories.
• Accountable to the board for risk management and compliance.
· We’re seeking a credible individual with the gravitas to help position our client as a boutique bank offering FX and payments services with a specific focus on emerging markets.
· Demonstrable experience of at least 10 years in Financial Services in a similar role
· Knowledge of Foreign exchange and payments (preferably, emerging and frontier markets)
· Demonstrable sales leaderships skills
· Must have previous experience in 1st line risk management and PSD II.
· Exceptionally strong communicator
· Operational experience
· Highly organized
· Creative thinker
· Ability to work in a matrix organization
· Driven by the challenge of working in a high growth environment
Our client is an establishing and growing wholesale international payments and FX provider serving primarily International Development Organisations (IDO), FinTech/Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Banks, and Corporates.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.