An exciting opportunity to add your strategic view and procurement capabilities to the global Internal Material handling Equipment (IME or forklifts) and pool pallets of FrieslandCampina. Does this lift your interest?
In this role
- You will be managing the procurement of IME and pool pallets around the globe.
- You will focus on creating successful procurement strategies for IME and pool pallets in line with FrieslandCampina business needs.
- You will be working with key contact points per business group for the implementation of these strategies.
- You will manage the relationship with related suppliers and their performance (SRM).
- In addition you will support the global suppliers to maximize the value they bring to our daily business of feeding the world with highly nutritious products.
The combined spend of the subcategories is approximately € 30 MM, however the impact on FrieslandCampina’s operations is much higher in terms of moving our goods around efficiently, safely and as sustainably as possible. Is this the right job for YOU? Read further and apply!
Within FrieslandCampina Procurement, the global category Logistics manages the worldwide procurement of all transportation, warehousing, internal material handling equipment, pool pallets (continental cluster) and ocean freight, airfreight & clearing worldwide (intercontinental cluster). In this international team of 7, spread over 3 countries with 4 nationalities, there is currently a vacancy for a Category Manager, focused on IME and Pool pallets.
You work within the continental sub-team with 3 international colleagues, developing the procurement strategies, designing the related source-2-pay processes, managing the supplier performance improvement and our stakeholder satisfaction. You will be accountable for the relevant sourcing processes, in close cooperation with our Logistics Source-to-Contract (S2C) colleagues.
Design, align, review and manage the integrated category strategies for IME and pool pallets. Manage and execute the development and review process with internal stakeholders and extensive external input.
Strategic Sourcing Management
Co-Design, execute and implement effective strategic sourcing plans and support development of S2C colleagues to drive this process. Evaluate sourcing approach & adjust to market developments.
SRM, Innovation & relevant market developments
Setup, maintain and manage the Supplier Relationship Management process and governance with selected suppliers, to realize fact-based performance management and room for improvement and innovations. Develop and actively maintain understanding of relevant market trends and developments and how they could bring value to RFC.
Share, maintain and develop further own strategic and tactical knowledge on IME and pool pallets. Create visibility of own expertise through excellent strategies and stakeholder-relationships. Align with stakeholders and take them along on new opportunities. Make sure the right S2P buying channels are set up and maintained.
Maintain and develop a solid understanding of IME and pool pallets spend, cost impact, cost drivers. Contribute to the cost price & budget of our entities. Develop should-cost models and other ways to analyze financial performance of the subcategories
Recognize, connect and remain connected to stakeholders. Build balanced relationships with trust and performance. Actively seek to be aware of both market developments and changing business needs and translate them towards impact on subcategories and subcategory strategies.
What we ask
- You have a dynamic and enthusiastic personality, you enjoy working in a diverse team, you are a self-starter and you organize and prioritize your own and your team’s workload.
- You have a broader view than just your position and you can identify with our purpose ‘Nourishing a better planet”, where logistics, safety and sustainability have your genuine interest.
- You take responsibility for your work and are continuously looking for new opportunities to make a difference, and with your strong communication and interpersonal skills, you are able to build and maintain effective relationships with team, suppliers and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience with IME and/or pool pallets either from business-owner side, supplier side or procurement side and understand the impact they have on supply chains.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a relevant subject and have min. 4 years of relevant experience in a Procurement, Supply Chain or commercial role in a complex international company, preferably in the FMCG or food industry, and are seeking to bring your commercial drive, industry learnings and supplier capabilities into FrieslandCampina.
ZZP are welcome!
Please note: to be able to apply, you must already live in the Netherlands.
What we offer
- Unique company culture of Dutch heritage and international presence
- A friendly and informal working environment, yet professional team members as sparring partners
- Autonomy and trust to create longer term impact that helps bring better nutrition to the world
- Free cheese and milk at lunch in the central office, and barista coffee to help you go through your working days with a lot of joy
- You will be based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, as part of the global procurement department, in the Commercial Indirects domain. You will join the global Procurement Logistics team of 8 colleagues, who are based in both Amersfoort (6) and in Asia.
- You control with the total team about 600 MM of annual spend and specifically over 2500 units. This is your chance to make a real impact on environment and on the subcategory.
FrieslandCampina levert consumentenproducten als zuiveldranken, kindervoeding, kaas en desserts in een groot aantal Europese landen, in Azië en in Afrika. Ook worden producten geleverd aan professionele afnemers, waaronder room- en boterproducten aan bakkerijen en horecabedrijven. Daarnaast produceert FrieslandCampina ingrediënten en halffabricaten voor producenten van kindervoeding, de voedingsmiddelenindustrie en de farmaceutische sector wereldwijd.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.