Within the engine development department of DAF Trucks, the system function design group is responsible to design control concepts to meet new customer and legal requirements. To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are looking for a well-qualified:
Function Design Engineer - Engine and Aftertreatment Integration
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Develop heavy duty diesel engines with focus on designing control concepts to integrate the engine and aftertreatment systems
• Create controller concepts based on new emission and OBD requirements
• Verify concept with SIL, HIL or RCP on an engine
• Unambiguous documentation of controller requirements on engine system level
• Support calibration engineers with pre calibration of new controller concepts
• Take initiative to constantly improve related tools and processes
• Collaboration in multidisciplinary project teams
The ideal match has the following background:
• MSc degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering specialized in dynamics and control
• Experience with engine and after treatment controller development (EU and NA emission regulations)
• Experience on Six Sigma related processes
o i.e. DMAIC, Design For Six Sigma, FMEA, Monte Carlo
• Good knowledge of requirement engineering (IREB certificate is a pre)
• Knowledge of development process models like SPICE is a pre
• Experience with SCR domain knowledge
• Extensive knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
• Doors Next Generation experience is a pre
• This person has the following competences
o Good communication skills
o Attention to details
• Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career.
During your assignment we will coach you and help you develop your personal and professional skills. There will be a lot of learning on the job and also the possibility to do courses. We will always be in contact for you to make to best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment. With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract we strive to give a satisfying contract with our professionals.
Within PACCAR, DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.