Chief Program/Project Manager
Requires working in the UK for 3-6 months then in the North of the Netherlands permanently
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with exciting plans to construct at €175m green field plant in the North of the Netherlands, one of the largest sustainable process plants in Europe!
CIRCTEC is the global leader in refining and producing product grade sustainable fuels and liquid chemicals from the natural and synthetic rubber content of end-of-life tyres. We are at the forefront of renewable energy technology within the biofuel and chemical industry. The innovative technology has been thoroughly tested and proven unrivalled in the world. After our pilot plant in Poland, we will now scale up by building the largest rubber recycling plant in Europe in the Industrial area of Delfzijl in the North of the Netherlands, with a second plant in Germany in the pipeline. This is a highly prestigious and career-making project with the opportunity to be the Chief Project Manager for a €175m green field plant construction. It will usher in a new era of sustainability in this field, using highly advanced technology.
As Chief Project Manager you will directly report to the Group Technical Director (TD) and the Board of Directors to manage all aspect of the new plant through supply chain, construction and into operation. During the first phase you will live in Chester in the North of England (3-6 months), where housing for you and your family can be arranged. This is to provide you with a full understanding of all aspects of the project. Thereafter you will relocate to the north of the Netherlands where you will be responsible for the all aspects of managing suppliers, constructing the plant and bringing it into operation. You will play a role truly at the heart of this exciting project and take ownership of its delivery.
The successful candidate:
· Has a Master’s degree in Engineering from an internationally known university and a qualification in project management.
· Will have at least 15 years of relevant professional work experience
· Has extensive Project Management experience and has had full responsibility for delivering significant complex projects of €50mln+. From design, through construction to commissioning.
· Has a background in the Oil & Gas, solvents or (petro)chemical industry
· Has experience working in a Senior Managerial role for an owner organisation or with a smaller company. Strategic thinking and a sense of ownership is key
· Is naturally assertive and uses strong communication and negotiation skills to promote and secure the company’s interests keeping budgets and timeframe in mind.
· Is highly organised and capable of managing a wide variety of smaller projects simultaneously, whilst being able to keep overview of the bigger picture.
· Will be flexible, diligent and willing to work the hours necessary to deliver a world class project (occasional travelling is also required).
· Is either a Dutch native, or has work experience in the Netherlands and knowledge of the cultural aspects as well as local rules and regulations. (MUST)
· Has an impeccable understanding of the English Language and speaks Dutch (MUST).
There is limited information on the Internet because of confidentiality around the groups plans. Full information will be provided as part of the recruitment process.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.