We are looking for an MSc/PhD with a solid assay development toolbox, who is able to build and lead a team of professionals, and educate and coach a development team. With your team you develop and fine-tune assays on the Siemens Healthineers’ POC immunoassay platform, Atellica VTLi, and bring the products to the market. This Innovation Group works together with hospitals all over the world. You get many opportunities in technical, project and leadership skills and in building an assay development department. The product is a handheld analyzer and cartridge, which measures markers that indicate disease from a droplet of blood.
As Head of assay development you are responsible for leading a team of assay developers working on several projects in all phases of development, varying from (early) feasibility, through verification, validation, regulatory approvals and life cycle management phase. The responsibilities include:
- People management: lead, coach and educate the assay development team for Atellica VTLi, consisting of technicians, (senior) scientists and technical team leads (levels varying from BSc to PhD).
- Development of immunoassays on the Immunoassay platforms, ensure state of the art immunoassay development, including competence development
- Integrate the immunoassay components into the system (cartridge, hardware, software), in close collaboration with the System Architect
- Interfaces with third parties in co-development projects on immunoassay and/or system
- Make and execute project plans and align plans with the integral project manager and sub-project leaders, in particular cartridge and process development. Manages interdependencies
- Day-to-day team guiding (steer on risks, activities, timelines, quality of output, budget). Analyze team results.
- Report progress and deviations to Program manager and Head of R&D.
- Transfer results to the other sub teams (process development, cartridge, analyzer, software)
- Deliver documentation according to the production creation and quality management process.
- You have a MSc or preferably PhD degree in Biochemistry, Biophysical/Technology Engineering
- At least 10 years experience in immunoassay product development, preferably experience in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry
- Strong people management skills
- Experience with Product Creation and Quality Processes.
- Characteristics: self employed, hands-on, analytical, pragmatic, structured.
- Team-player: experience with leading a team of professionals on a day-to-day basis.
- Understanding of and experience in project management
- Have good communication and reporting skills in English.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.