For our customer, a large international bank we are looking for a Payroll specialist. The role is open to candidates as well as freelancers.
About the role
The bank's Strategy & Innovation (S&I) team has launced Payday, a proposition to “gig and labour” platforms and temp agencies enabling instant pay out of earnings.
Payday is currently in the scaling phase and has large ambitions to diversify the customer base and to grow. To support our expansion into the temp agency sector we are looking for a Payrolling Expert, someone who:
- Has up-to-date knowledge and (technical) experience in the domain of payroll administration and payroll services, including the legislation on employer obligations wrt the payments of worker loans and its practical implications
- Has an overview and in depth knowledge of leading software providers and packages in the domain of payrolling and salary administration in the Netherlands
- Has experience in product and service design in the payrolling industry, preferably leveraging the leading (payrolling and loan administration) software packages
- Is capable to interact with legal & compliance experts, industry bodies and regulators to outline, standardise and optimise our (payment) procedures
- Is digitally savvy and has experience working in multidisciplinary, tech oriented teams bringing innovative digitally enabled propositions to the market
- Experience in the financial service industry is considered a bonus.
With the following results:
- Designing processes to pay out loans to temp workers via Payday, in light of EU and Dutch (labor related) legislation and taking into account leading software packages and technical infrastructure in The Netherlands
Relevant knowledge skills & competences:
The ideal candidate is a digital savvy payrolling expert familiar with banking or adjacent financial services:
- You have at least a Bachelor degree (“HBO”) in a business or technical oriented field and at least 6 years of work experience, including a track record in payrolling, loan administration and /or the temp agency industry in The Netherlands
- You have the capability to drive our product roadmap based on your in-depth knowledge of (the legal, operational and technical aspects) of payrolling and loan administration and their underlying (software and technical) infrastructure
- You are comfortable interacting and negotiating with regulatory affairs, including legal counsels, industry bodies and regulators
- You are familiar with emerging technologies and how to leverage those to build new business propositions
- You have a good network in the temp agency industry and flex worker sector
- You are result driven and have an entrepreneurial drive
- A basic understanding of lean start-up methodology, design thinking and agile way of working is a bonus
- You are fluent in both the Dutch as well as in the English language
Candidate should be based in the Netherlands and master the Dutch as well as English languages.
At Yacht you will receive personal coaching and HR guidance. We want to invest in your personal development through, for example, training on soft and/or hard skills. In addition, we organize networking events with an informal character, such as the Know Your Colleague editions (online), the Yacht summer BBQ & the New Year's dinner as soon as this is possible again.
The terms of employment are also as follows:
- The salary depends on your work experience and competences.
- At least one year contract, where we are happy to work towards an permanent contract
- Certainty, regardless of whether you work on an assignment through us, you will always receive 100% of your salary
- Possibility of bonuses
- 25 vacation days per year based on 40 hours
- 8.33% holiday allowance
- You will participate in our pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Option to work from home
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.