The Demand Manager, along with the Supply Manager and the Financial Manager, form a core team responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operation of the monthly planning and forecasting process.
- Demand Plan Accuracy
- Customer service performance rating
- Adherence to planning calendar
- Working capital requirements (inventory velocity metrics, operational cost reductions)
- Defines and drives the business unit demand plan by continuously engaging with Sales
- Proactively informs the cross-functional business teams through Eastman’s Integrated Business
- Planning routine to ensure supply readiness and effective execution that enables our customers’ success
- Manages a monthly forecasting process at both the detail (short term) and aggregate (mid and long term) level to create a 24-month rolling demand plan which becomes the basis for operating plans and financial projections.
Supports the Sales/Commercial Leader for the business by facilitating the monthly meeting of the Demand Review Team, during which they:
- Reach consensus on the demand plan
- Identify gaps between the demand strategy and the latest unconstrained demand projections
- Assign responsibilities for actions to realign to the strategy
- Continually look for demand opportunities to exceed customer expectations, exceed business plans, and improve margins
Ensures data integrity and quality by reviewing data, identifying unusual occurrences, seeking explanations and assisting in developing corrections to prevent reoccurrences
- Initially reviews and analyses forecast results in relation to business direction
- Identifies product or market trends
- Translates PLM project plans into demand and inventory actions
- Provides Business Managers with observations of forecast directions
- Reports on Division or Product Family comparisons with Budget
- Assists Sales & Marketing team with development of consolidated business plans
- Documents assumptions underlying the demand plan and highlights key changes from prior plans
- Performs “What-If?” scenarios based on price, market share, and competitive data
Establishes, maintains, and continuously improves three forecast performance metrics
- Forecast error (or accuracy) – How close are our forecasts to actual demand (aggregate and mix levels)?
- Forecast bias – Are our forecasts persistently above or below the actual demand?
- Forecast value-add – Are our forecast efforts measurably improving operational and financial results
- Co-ordinates with Business Leaders to ensure the forecasting process is finalized to meet the information timetable for the Management Business Review meetings
- Co-ordinates with Supply Managers and Financial Managers to build optimally balanced supply and demand plans in a manner that drives variable margin growth while achieving customer service targets at lowest cost to serve
- Identifies options and manages allocations in instances where demand is constrained by supply. With the Supply Planner, proposes longer term capital asset plans to remove constraints
- Assists in developing strategies, policies, objectives in areas of S & OP (Sales & Operations Planning) MPS (Master Production Scheduling) such as Customer Service, Inventory and Lead times
- Creates and implements a weekly review process that monitors adherence to plans and launches immediate actions to resolve material changes from the plans within the shorter term operational horizon.
- No leadership Role
Business Unit Group Sales or Commercial Leader Eastman Behaviors
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and determine what is right
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate value creation
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a longer-term horizon
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities quickly
Functional Skills and Capabilities
The Demand Management role benefits from a broad skill set to achieve organizational and personal success:
- Effective communication skills to present & discuss forecasting information with product and business managers and for senior management review.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills to negotiate across functional silos in creating achievable balanced supply and demand plans
- Good data mining skills to recognise and quantify trends, seasonality, cyclicality, outliers, and inherent variability in historical customer demand. The ability to identify external drivers of demand.
- Intermediate to advanced PC & software (spreadsheet, ERP, reporting and collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment systems) literacy to automate the demand planning process.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Prior experience - performance in the role is enhanced with experience from within the organization — sales, supply chain, and marketing roles , where knowledge of the product range and ‘product position’ in the market together with appreciation for the formal and informal operational structure of the organization facilitate credibility and quality communication.
- Academic background may include studies in Marketing, Strategic Planning, Business Management, Statistics, or Supply Chain management to provide the appropriate theoretical knowledge.
Required Certification, Licensing or Traits
- Certified Professional Forecaster from Institute of Business Forecasting & Planning - desirable
- Role model Eastman values and principles
TO BE ABLE TO APPLY, YOU MUST LIVE IN THE NETHERLANDS
You will be seconded through Yacht's against an excellent remuneration package!
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.