To support the supply chain team of our client, we are looking for a: DEMAND & SUPPLY PLANNER WITH STRONG ANALYTICAL SKILLS
Working from the new office in the heart of Rotterdam the role for the Demand and Supply planner will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand and Supply planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic (promotion) forecast modelling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing. Based on the commercial plans (operational and tactical horizon) the demand plan will serve as input for the S&OP process in order to fulfill the demand at the required service levels and the financial planning.
The Demand and Supply planner will have a key role in the monthly S&OP cycle.
Supply planning responsibilities include creating the optimal supply plan for the product portfolio. The supply plan is based on the latest demand, planning parameters, inventory levels in order to realize the requested performance while maximizing value for Lindt & Sprüngli. In this function the Demand and Supply planner works closely together with other disciplines including Make Production, Quality Control, and Customer Service Officer and manages the supply from sourcing to local distribution center and also intercompany transport planning. Additionally, all co-packing activities are coordinated through this role.
The Demand and Supply Planner reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Strong support in seizing and setting up new opportunities in the Dutch market;
- Develop effective forecast models based on trends and demand patterns on both operational and tactical horizon (base, seasonal and promotion (packaging) planning);
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts (demand creation and consolidation);
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results (monitoring planning (PDCA-cycle) and analyses);
- Partner with marketing, sales and senior management to understand product promotions and their impact on forecasting;
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy;
- Assist marketing to develop new product forecasts and production schedules;
- Monitor and secure volume planning versus budget plans (GAP closing);
- Provide input to the supply plans in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs;
- Manage finished goods inventory to balance the need for safety stock and perishable inventory;
- Key-user for Masterdata;
- Analyze data for potential service, capacity and financial issues and provide mitigation strategies;
- Manage day-to-day supply and demand activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, and cost effectiveness of the supply chain;
- Communicate proactively issues (constraint management) to local management;
- Provide input for monthly S&OP process;
- Fill and maintain systems and planning tools as to have the most accurate plans available at all times;
- Work closely with all Lindt factories to ensure the correctness and timeliness of goods delivery for customers while maintain good relationship with all parties;
- Managing 3rd party logistics providers and vendors for warehousing, transportation and co-packing;
- Identify opportunities to improve service and inventory KPI’s, implement continuous improvement plans and track results;
- Produce monthly supply chain reports;
- Participate in supply chain projects (in close collaboration with Supply Chain Manager).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an enthusiastic and representative candidate who is proactive, a team player and accurate. Who likes to work with different (international) stakeholders, has very good communication skills (verbal and written) and above all is driven and energetic.
You have a bachelor’s degree with a deep understanding of the full end to end supply chain function, and you have 2-5 years of experience within a supply chain/operations/logistics environment. You have proven demand and supply planning experience and you are also familiar with working with ERP systems.
Enthusiastic and able to motivate and engage with colleagues, management and customers in a dynamic FMCG environment.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Supply and demand planning skills and working knowledge of supply chain processes;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Quality driven: accuracy, efficiency and professionalism are key attributes required;
- Highly independent worker, hands-on, self-starting, self-motivating;
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems (must SAP R/3/ APO DP/SNP);
- Knowledge of IBP, BW and COGNOS is a pre;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is a must. MS Excel analysis work and MS PowerPoint slide deck preparing and presentation are important parts of this role;
- Commercial understanding;
- Customer focused, able to constructively challenge;
- Strong drive towards customer satisfaction and operational excellence;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence and communicate at all levels;
- Very strong team player in a driven team in The Netherlands with large international connect;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- German and French are nice to have and would surely help in this role;
- Problem solver, thinks in opportunities and challenges;
- You live in the Netherlands.
- A unique chance to join the world premium chocolate leader!
- A unique chance to participate in the further building and expansion of a dynamic and fast-growing business for Lindt & Sprüngli in The Netherlands;
- Working in a multi-cultural environment with international career opportunities;
- A central position in a dynamic and challenging international FMCG environment;
- Independency and responsibilities;
- Benefits of both a big corporation operating globally a very sizeable business together with the ones of working for a very dynamic and agile organization at local level;
- Depending on your experience and training, a competitive full-time salary (40 hours) including 8% holiday allowance and 5% year-end bonus;
- Training and education on the job as personal development is valued within our company;
- 25 days of leave per year;
- Extensive collective insurance package.
Lindt & Sprüngli is with its 175 years existence known as a market leader in premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. The chocolate products are made at 12 own production sites in Europe and the USA. They are distributed by 28 subsidiary companies and branch offices, in more than 500 own stores, and also via a comprehensive network of more than 100 independent distributors around the globe. The Lindt & Sprüngli Group has over 14.000 employees and a reported sales worth of CHF 4.51 billion in 2019. The business in The Netherlands is divided between wholesale and retail through four own Lindt stores. After a successful start up in 2019 the Lindt & Sprüngli Netherlands subsidiary is now fast growing and engaged in expanding operations and further building up business opportunities in the Dutch market. In 2020 Lindt & Sprüngli Netherlands was even the fastest growing chocolate manufacturer in The Netherlands.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.