Project Lead Engineer
Technical team player who takes the lead in our engine and after treatment development.
As Performance Lead Engineer in one or more projects, you are responsible for all integration and validation activities in our engine and after treatment development projects.
In this role, you apply your domain knowledge and team skills to take a leading role within Product Development.
• Take ownership of key performance indicators such as fuel economy, emissions, durability, reliability, and diagnostic robustness for your project(s);
• Prioritize and plan test activities for all groups within the Engine Integration & Validation department, in close cooperation with the respective supervisors and line leads;
• Analyze, summarize, review, and report out test and analysis results to (Project) Management;
• Initiate monitoring for performance status and development, and project progress.
Daily activities are in close cooperation with Global Engine Development teams in Eindhoven and North America, and other PACCAR stakeholders (Embedded Engineering, Production Engineering, After Sales, Compliance, etc).
In this role, you report to the Engineering Supervisor System Performance, and align on daily activities with all EI&V groups and the Project Core Team(s).
• Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
• Basic knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, and on-board diagnostics;
• Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
• Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
• Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
• Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment in all applications;
• Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
• Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on their impact;
• Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The Engine Integration & Validation department is responsible for definition, integration, verification, and validation of engine and after treatment families towards performance requirements. The department is split into 8 groups and the System Performance group holds a vacancy for a Performance Lead Engineer.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.