Our client is in search for a strategic purchasing professional with experience in sourcing, contract and vendor management of suppliers of services within Transportation and Logistic services. Together with the Category Manager, the Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing a diverse international portfolio of suppliers and strongly involved in the selection and introduction of new suppliers of Logistic services.
As a strategic buyer you know what is happening in the transport and logistics market and you are able to create commitment at suppliers. This is a ‘spider in the web’ role, you are good networker and relation builder, with a broad variety of both internal and external relations (Sales, Business Management, Planning, Site Logistics and Suppliers). Responsibilities are:
- Tender process and contract negotiations, but also in the contract management and execution;
- Steering the day-to-day commercial activities and contract execution management in close cooperation with the Transport Purchaser. If needed (s)he will support the Transport Purchaser in solving escalations;
- Involved in multi-functional regional or global Supply Chain projects and (process) improvement processes;
- Performance management of Service Providers on cost, service levels and SHE.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree and a minimum 3 years purchasing and commercial experience in negotiation, contract management or carrier management in an international business environment;
- Experience in a tactical or strategic non product related procurement role (experience with suppliers in the field of transportation and/or logistics is a pre);
- Fluent in English (both verbal and in writing), and working experience in Germany or the Netherlands (speak German or Dutch);
- Good knowledge of ERP (SAP), MS Office (Excel).
As a strategic buyer you are a networker with a strong commercial drive. You have effective communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
You will get a contract directly at our client, a challenging international working environment with opportunities for career and development.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.