The Community Engagement & Technology Program Manager works on the technology promotion program. You work on the goals by an extensive program of activities, which consist of guest lessons, visits to ASML and events throughout the Netherlands. Target groups are primary and secondary school students and their teachers. All these activities are hosted by ASML employees: our tutors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the team with STEM promotion
- Support the CE Team with organizing events such as Dutch Technology Festival etc
- Welcome and guide visiting schools to ASML
- Significantly growing the number of tutors at ASML to expand the impact of our technology promotion program
- Ensuring training for ambassadors to act as tutors
- Optimizing the matching process between ASML tutors and schools
- Maintaining and growing the network of schools
- Responsibility for continuous development and improvement of tutoring materials as well as course material, together with the teachers.
- Maintaining a strong link between ASML’s technology promotion program and ASML’s part-time teaching program (also known as “hybrid teaching program”)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- You have multiple years of experience in community engagement or event management
- Working experience in technology or teaching
- STEM experience is a big plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Strategy and business understanding: Exhibit understanding of corporate structure and strategic goals. Can explain corporate and Community Engagement strategy to a variety of stakeholders.
- Creativity: understand and identify essence and boundaries of the creative process: select ideas and improve and make ready for execution in line with the ASML brand (purpose, vision, mission).
- Critical thinking and analytical skills: deal with complexity, information processing. Regularly go through ‘What if’ scenarios.
- Focus on delivering value/tangible business outcomes: draft a plan and come up with ideas to make it work. Recognize business objectives behind plans. Identifies desired results. Understand value added work. Act accordingly, seeking advice from manager when unsure.
- Stakeholder management: be sensitive to the needs of a variety of different stakeholders and ability to independently set priorities.
- Initiative, entrepreneurship, vision: recognize business needs and come up with ideas. Align with stakeholders
- Inspiring others: Share ideas and suggestions with others. Can articulate contribution of own work to company and outside network
- Technology understanding: Affinity with technology and STEM education; eagerness to develop a basic understanding of ASML technology and future development; proven ability to differentiate messages between different audiences.
Starting date: asap - end September 2022 (possible extension possible)
Hours per week: 40 hours per week (32 á 36 is possible)
Location: Veldhoven (hybride: 2 á 3 days at the office)
Who is ASML?
Since our inception in 1984 we have created one of the world’s biggest semiconductor equipment companies and one of Europe’s top three technology stocks. Our headquarters are in the Netherlands which is also our center for R&D and manufacturing. Around half of our employees are located at headquarters in the Dutch technology hub Brainport Eindhoven. We also have sizeable offices and centers in the U.S., Taiwan, South Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, Israel and Ireland.
All of the world's top chip companies are our customers, so chances are that every single day, you use semiconductor technology that was partly made on our machines. Without the chips we have helped to create, there would be no smartphones, internet or modern aviation to connect us, wherever and whoever we are. There would be no satellites to better understand our planet, and none of the medical technology that helps to diagnose and treat disease.
Community Engagement at ASML:
ASML is growing fast and our products and operations have an increasing impact on society. Our communities have supported ASML to establish itself as a market leader. Successful sustainable development of society as well as ASML is best served with a strong alignment of interests. This means ASML works intensively with communities, institutions, interest groups and governments at all levels. In our scope are topics that require long-term vision and support, like education, transportation, culture and environment.
The Community Engagement team focuses specifically on facilities and services that are important for the communities where we operate as well as the global top talent that ASML wishes to attract and retain. Education, and in particular technical sciences, is an important area of attention in key markets where we operate. We promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and point pupils and students to career opportunities in science and engineering that enable the innovation that shapes our future.
ASML’s technology promotion program has two primary targets:
Provide all children an opportunity to develop beta and ict skills, which they need in their personal and working life, with a target of 40 percent of children in secondary schools opting for vocational or academic education in a STEM area. We do this by enabling ASML employees to act as part-time teachers to address teacher shortages at technical schools, as well as through technology promotion programs through tutors.
Make society ‘tech savvy’ – especially those who are vulnerable or at risk of falling behind -, since technology permeates every profession and daily life.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.