Freelancers are welcome to apply.
For our customer, a large international bank, we are looking for a Compliance Model Validator.
Are you an experienced Compliance professional with an interest in the fast-paced world of KYC models? And can you apply your in-depth knowledge of FEC to challenge their design, implementation & use?
You and your job
As a Compliance Model Validator you perform oversight on the models that bank uses to protect itself and society against compliance risks such as money laundering, terrorism financing, and breaches of sanctions. As a gatekeeper to the financial system, the bank crucially relies on the quality of its models to prevent and detect compliance risks. You will help to independently assess such models and to challenge the decisions taken by their owners and developers.
Fine working relationship
- in the team Compliance Model Validation
- together with 12 direct colleagues
- 36 hours per week
An average working day
Are you curious about what would be on your to-do list on an average working day? For instance you pro-actively advise and challenge the business in its activities to maintain & monitor its models, focusing on whether these models adequately mitigate the Compliance risks in scope. This involves taking the lead on second-line analyses, discussing these with your colleagues, and summarizing your conclusions in a formal opinion. You engage developers and managers in the business to challenge their assumptions and to understand the reasoning behind their choices.
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to challenge and advise our first-line colleagues on their models. Working together is the way we work; as 1 caring team. Talking of the bank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in any academic field. A post-graduate degree on Compliance or Audit (e.g. Chartered Accountant) is a plus;
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Compliance Officer, (Internal) Auditor, or Consultant in the financial sector.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Financial Economic Crime. Experience with models in this domain, for instance in Transaction Monitoring or Name Screening, is a plus.
- You are self-starter that enjoys solving complex problems cooperatively.
- You can explain and defend your point of view in English, both verbally and in writing.
At Yacht you will receive personal coaching and HR guidance. We want to invest in your personal development through, for example, training on soft and/or hard skills. In addition, we organize networking events with an informal character, such as the Know Your Colleague editions (online), the Yacht summer BBQ & the New Year's dinner as soon as this is possible again.
The terms of employment are also as follows:
- The salary depends on your work experience and competences. The range starts from €4,300 and a maximum of €6,200 gross per month based on 36 hours
- At least one year contract, where we are happy to work towards an permanent contract
- Certainty, regardless of whether you work on an assignment through us, you will always receive 100% of your salary
- Possibility of bonuses
- 25 vacation days per year based on 40 hours
- 8.33% holiday allowance
- You will participate in our pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Option to work from home
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.