As an Electro Mechanical Designer you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of electro-technical / electro-mechanical modules / machines for our clients. You will be part of the Electromechanics team within the Design & Engineering department and participate in an internal project team. This means that you are the link between the project leader, architect and other team members. Together with about 35 fellow designers, you are responsible for the electromechanical part of the solution that we produce for and in consultation with our clients. You communicate with the customers in the context of assignments and are regularly work at the site of our customer. By asking the right questions you will get the customer’s wishes to the surface so that we can produce a solution that meets the customer’s needs as closely as possible. Questions such as which materials are to be used and which production techniques are to be used are matters that are dealt with on a daily basis. In this position you will also work together with the Mechanical and Embedded System team.
Your tasks also include the following:
· drawing and reviewing module specifications together with the customer;
· converting the data supplied by the external or internal client into 3D models and production designs;
· independently designing, implementing, testing and documenting hardware (electro-technical / electro-mechanical) using state-of-the-art methods;
· developing testing and tools;
· assisting in the production of the developed products;
· drawing up and monitoring schedules;
· communicate with customers whether or not focused on an ongoing project and expanding the customer network;
· transferring knowledge and experience gained to colleagues.
What do we ask of you as an Electro Mechanical Designer?
First of all, you are communicative and sociable. You know how to maintain good contacts with your customer, colleagues and suppliers and you know what is going on with the various parties. You have a broad interest in technology and have knowledge of electronics, mechatronics and production techniques. It goes without saying that you keep up to date with the developments in your field and apply this knowledge adequately when advising customers. You are solution-oriented and able to work both as a team and independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your production designs are made as optimally as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
· an Higher/Academic degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics;
· good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
· experience with Siemens NX or another 3D design package is an advantage;
· good communication and writing skills in English;
· willingness to do your work on location at the customer;
· available fulltime.
In the role of Electro Mechanical Designer we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and innovative environment. We offer you a full-time position in a highly driven and collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development.
After a thorough onboarding program and good supervision, you are given the opportunity to fulfil your role independently. In the long run, depending on your ambitions, there are sufficient opportunities for further growth.
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.