As a Logistics Engineer, you will analyze the flow of parts through PPE’s supply chain. You will investigate the needs of the dealers and end customers and translate these into projects optimizing the parts flow. You will assess the effect on sales, planning, supply, storage and handling in the European distribution centers and the various transport routes. You will be responsible for initiating, guiding and implementing these projects. Your main tasks are:
Project-based support for PPE’s Operations network with a special focus on the worldwide distribution logistics supporting the European Expedition Teams.
You will work together with the six distribution centers, DAF sales units and dealers to identify supply chain opportunities and translate these into local and/or European supply chain projects.
You will "sell" supply chain projects to the internal organization.
Initiate, lead and implement projects and report and present the progress and results of these projects to stakeholders on all levels in the organization.
You will strive to continuously develop yourself and your colleagues.
As a Logistics Engineer, you will report to the Manager Continuous Improvement.
For this position we are looking for a candidate with:
- Academic qualification in logistics/engineering.
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of supply chain concepts and technologies.
- Advanced user of MS Office, SQL and Python.
- Knowledge and experience Lean, Six Sigma and project management techniques are preferred.
- Proactive, analytical, independent, curious and constantly on the lookout for potential improvements
- Good communication skills in English, spoken and written, are essential. Dutch is preferred.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.