Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior Operator to work for Janssen Vaccines / Johnson & Johnson (Leiden, the Netherlands), within Drug substance operation (DSO).
Drug Substance Operations (DSO) has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden where we proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola. This is also the place where we produced the COVID-19 vaccine material that was developed in-house by Janssen Vaccines and Prevention.
DSO is the department where Clinical trial material (CTM) is produced for new cutting edge vaccines that are in clinical testing Phases 1 to 3. There are two main production sites. The DSO production process is at pilot scale (50L) and is executed by two main teams. Upstream processing is performed by the I-team and downstream processing by the D-team. Each team consists of eight persons, led by a Supervisor. In this department, a position is available for a Senior Operator that will be trained to perform the production of the first batches of COVID-19 vaccine.
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Operator is primarily responsible for the cGMP production of CTM material, as requested by the organization. The Senior Operator holds a senior position and acts as the representative of the Supervisor in his/her absence. As such, you guide, coach and correct other operators to assure they produce the best possible product within the shortest timelines. You feel responsible for the quality delivered by the team and take ownership for improving suboptimal aspects. You will support process excellence activities to continuously improve the work as well as personal skills. Communication with other parties at a level that assures the best possible collaboration and final result is a key requirement.
Apart from production operations and guiding the team to its best performance, you will be updating documentation, be responsible for predefined process steps, and the state of related equipment. Next to these core tasks, small improvements and innovative projects will be a stable part of your daily work package. You will also be tasked to do data management, acute problem-solving, and many other small and diverse tasks. As the job entails teamwork within a diverse and global organization, we require good communications skills in English. For now, the job requires no shift work, and it may require occasional weekend work (planned ahead and compensated according JNJ guidelines).
• You take ownership for problems you find and are able to bring complex issues to a good conclusion
• Quality is always the main goal for you, and
• Efficiency a close second.
• Initiative, you seek out potential solutions yourself.
• You aim for full customer satisfaction. What is asked, you deliver with the required quality within the agreed timeframe.
- HBO/ Bachelor degree or equivalent
- >2 years experience with cGMP manufacturing in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment is a requirement
- Expert in cell culture (USP), virus propagation and / or downstream processing (DSP)
- Experience with change controls, non-conformances and CAPA records
- Experience with cGMP and EHSS standards is required
- Lean green belt certification is preferred
- Able to converse and write effectively in technical English
- Experience as (process) technician or equivalent in life science and for pilot plant operations in a cGMP environment if preferred.
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities
- Can-do attitude, you can bring projects to their end and can find your own way around obstacles.
- Innovative thinker, able to think up new ideas for old problems.
- Interpersonal skills, able to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way.
- You make yourself part of discussions and help transform these into positive actions.
- English speaking, writing, and verbal skills are fluent
Terms of employment
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development.
This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable. Salary between 3100 and 4000 euro gross per 4-week period.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and is passionate about the development, production and marketing of vaccines to prevent and combat infectious diseases.
DSO is the department where Clinical trial material (CTM) is produced for new cutting edge vaccines that are in clinical testing Phases 1 to 3. There are two main production sites. The DSO production process is at pilot scale (50L) and is executed by two main teams. Upstream processing is performed by the I-team and downstream processing by the D-team. Each team consists of eight persons and their Supervisor.
Why YACHT Life Sciences?
Because of challenging positions at leading (biotech) companies, a large network and development opportunities! These are the advantages of working via YACHT in general and YACHT Life Sciences in particular.
With us, you will get all the space to grow further. Together we will look for assignments that suit your ambitions and help you to realize your goals. Through coaching, for example, but also by inviting you to interesting courses, knowledge sessions and inspiring outings.
Through us, you will get access to a network of hundreds of professionals and many companies that are happy to share their knowledge and opportunities with you.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.