The automotive industry is changing rapidly and DAF Trucks needs to keep up with the latest trends. Software becomes more important than ever. In order to strengthen their Embedded Engineering organization, DAF is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who wants to make an impact on the future of automotive.
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story / feature; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts them out (with support from the scrum master where required)
- Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the supervisor Platform Development - Software Engineering
Hack on whatever you want during our bi-annual hackathons.
Candidates who do not require a work permit for the Netherlands are preferred.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams and across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing
- A proactive workstyle and adapt to change
- Some experience with model based software environments such as Simulink and knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience with automotive standards such as ISO26262 and with developing AUTOSAR Software Components
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language
- And last but not least: willing to learn and show perseverance
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career.
During your assignment we will coach you and help you develop your personal and professional skills. There will be a lot of learning on the job and also the possibility to do courses. We will always be in contact for you to make to best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment.
With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract we strive to give a satisfying contract with our professionals.
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our awesome new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Our full model based software development process is unique in the industry.
You can read testimonies of our software engineers at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/embedded-engineers-hubert-erik-en-luuk and at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/ruud-van-den-boomen
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India and has over 120 highly skilled people today. Together we deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.