Java Engineer - Cyber Fraud Prevention squad
Our client is looking for an experienced a Java Engineer to strengthen its DevOps squad that delivers a sophisticated platform to detect cyber fraud. As part of the Digital Channel tribe, the purpose of your squad is to ensure our client will be the safest bank and we will be leading in the area of fraud control. If your dream is to work at a place where we care about preventing fraud, where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary compliance and QA measures, where we find that the problem chooses the language/technology and not the other way around, where we are committed to fostering a proper engineering culture and building a high-productivity squad of smart DevOps engineers with the getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus will be on building and improving our clients:
- Platform for detecting and mitigating cyber fraud and cybercrimes for their Wholesale Banking Customers, which supports real-time detection over multiple digital channels and transactions processing
- In addition to working with complex data analysis solutions, you will also contribute to streamlining our continuous improvement process all the way by deployment those improvements into production in collaboration with Ops colleagues.
- Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of our clients Global Digital Channels. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Profile (desired skills & experience)
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science.
- You have 3-5 years of software engineering experience, preferably in Cyber fraud detection solutions for wholesale banking payments processing.
- Strong programming skills in Java and Spring Boot framework with passion for Restful API and Reactive Programming.
- You have sound knowledge of streaming platforms (e.g., Apache Flink), Apache Kafka and stateful backend.
- Demonstrable experience producing reusable code components and libraries leveraged by multiple projects.
- Good operating system knowledge and solid understanding GIT, CI/CD in Azure DevOps.
- Good NoSQL knowledge and solid understanding of cryptography.
- Experience with at least one modern scripting language (e.g., Ansible, PowerShell).
- You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Dutch is not required). Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Nice to have: Elasticsearch experience
Rewards & benefits
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life.
The benefits of working with our client include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on the contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th-month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries they are praised how they implemented the Agile Way of working. They hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Their biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, they back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues.
Please share the following information:
- CV in English
- Motivation in English
- Holiday planning
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.