Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research Associate, Protein Sample Management at an international biotechnological company, situated in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our client is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
As Research Associate, Protein Sample Management, you will be joining a team responsible for reviewing bioanalytical data and batch release according to predefined test packages and batch specifications document. You will be also responsible for batch storage, issuance of samples, and shipment logistics and documentation to external parties.
As Research Associate, Protein Sample Management, you will be responsible for reviewing experiments of a wide range of modern biochemical techniques in several simultaneous projects. Furthermore, you will have the following priorities:
- Shipping samples from and to external parties;
- Reporting and releasing the batch to the inventory;
- Maintaining the inventory and issuance of samples to the requesters;
- Contributing to the optimization and innovation of our team;
- Working closely with scientists and other research associates in multiple project teams.
- A completed Bachelor/ HLO/ HBO education or equivalent in the academical and/or biotechnology field. Please note, MSc degree holders are overqualified and will not be considered for the role
- Affinity and knowledge of sample management is required.
- Knowledge of most commonly used biochemical analysis techniques like Capillary Electrophoresis and Analytical Chromatography
- Experience with software in automation and data handling
- Good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, and you can run several tasks in parallel and adjust priorities appropriately
- Motivation to deliver high-quality output, and you are used to working according to a quality system
- You are keen and motivated to use your up-to-date knowledge with biochemical techniques to strengthen the team
- You are precise, accurate, with good communication skills
- You have a service-oriented attitude and can deal with changing priorities and unexpected workload.
- While being a true team player, you are also capable of working independently.
Terms of employment
Direct and full-time 1- year contract at our client. Extension is anticipated and can be converted into permanent after 1 year.
Salary dependent on experience, between 2600 and 3300 euro gross per month (based on full-time employment).
Information about the company
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.