An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer Crush & Extraction in Europoort, The Netherlands. This company is the global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. The main purpose of this role is to identify, work on and implement process improvements with a strong focus on safety and cost-saving. You will be able to initiate and execute process improvement projects from start to finish with a focus on our Crush & Extraction department. You will have a critical role in communication between the different departments who work together on projects.
Crush & Extraction:
The soybeans and rapeseed that are processed in Europoort are transported to the Crush & Extraction factory. Here, the soybeans and rapeseed are prepared for oil extraction through a number of preparation steps. After they have extracted the crude oil, flour remains. This flour is a high-quality product for the animal food industry.
- Being responsible for the whole scope of projects, including safety, contractor supervision, quality of execution, purchasing, and budget supervision;
- Reporting and acting on Health and Safety/Environment/Quality related faults, failures, and non-conformances;
- Managing process engineering projects
- Completing risk assessments and audits;
- Maintenance planning and supervision of all kinds of maintenance activities in Crush & Extraction department;
- Production planning together with production engineer and other operational and commercial departments;
- Supervising contractors and own personnel on specific jobs and tasks;
- Supporting with the design and implementing process changes;
- Assisting with the production process troubleshooting;
- Initiation and execution of process improvement projects and approved capital projects in close cooperation with key stakeholders within agreed budget and time;
- Ensuring full compliance with project guidelines during project execution;
- Ensuring all process improvement projects comply with SHEQ requirements;
- Liaising with CAPEX lead to supply required data, manage the database as well as draw learnings and benchmark opportunities;
- Remaining current with key process technology developments and equipment suppliers.
- Preparing and guiding plant stops.
- Bachelor+ in Chemical Technology, Process Engineering, Food Technology, or Mechanical Engineering with a strong affinity to the process industry.
- Previous experience in Process Engineering, Process Management or Project Management is ideal.
- Previous experience in a Pharma- or Food environment is a pré.
- Strong communication skills in Dutch (minimum B1) and English language and an excellent team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good problem solving, organization, and planning skills.
2 interviews & a learning capability - and personality test will be part of the selection procedure.
With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, they give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. They are the global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Their breadth, depth, insights, facilities, and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, they enrich the quality of life the world over.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.