Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
For this job you will have the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Detailed checks, approval, and release of all designs (schematics, wire harnesses, LV and HV power distribution, vehicle controllers)
- Assist with proto fault ﬁnding
- Checks on electrical integration feasibility
- Maintain design rules with regards to harness design, especially in CAD Ensure designs are able to be manufactured and assembled
- Physical presence at LY is strongly encouraged Assignment of IO for all other systems
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or related Education
- You have experience in schematics, wire harnesses, LV and HV power distribution and vehicle controllers.
- Experience in proto / vehicle production experience is a big plus
- You have experience in 3D CAD CATIA or NX or CREO
- Experience with development in the automotive sector and ISO 26262 is considered a tremendous plus
On a personal level, you are someone who is accurate, influential, communicative, logical, accommodating, persuasive, a perfectionist with a positive and pragmatic attitude. You are a good networker with strong social and communication skills and of course you are cautious in your approach. Do you recognize yourself?
- You are able to deal with resistance, a true listener and convincing in selling your safety vision internally and to our suppliers
- You consider yourself a self-starter, a strong communicator with the ability to work with tight deadlines. You’re eager to work in a highly passionate inter-cultural environment and in multidisciplinary teams in a multi-project environment
- Fluent in English is mandatory, Dutch proficiency is considered a plus
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.