you are able to contribute to Bank proactively protecting itself as well as society against (facilitation of) money laundering and terrorism financing. As a Transaction Monitoring Scenario Expert you can make a difference by enhancing the Transaction Monitoring (TM) business rules by defining new, better and innovative TM scenarios and having an expert role in TM issues.
Making a difference
Ensuring applicable AML/CTF and related risks are properly mitigated through transaction monitoring or other control measures by:
• Handling complex TM issues independently;
• Gather and analyze data to substantiate your insights and advices;
• Investigate how Bank products and services can be misused for social unacceptable or wrongful behaviour;
• Keeping abreast with worldwide emerging trends and developments in ML/TF techniques and modus operandi;
• Advocate on typologies, red flag indicators, case studies;
• Thinking out of the box, being creative, not falling in the trap of insanity by doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our W&R KYC Operations Center brings talented people together to enhance our way of working and our results in the area of KYC - AML/CTF. In the W&R KYC organization we work with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. With you as a Transaction Monitoring Scenario Expert, the team will consist of 10 colleagues, including:
Peter Schultink, team manager: “Every day we are learning more about our complex global organization, our clients and our products, and we use this knowledge to guard our customers, Bank and the financial system from money laundering, terrorism finance and breach of sanctions.”
The W&R KYC Operations Center is set up to support the work of the W&R KYC triangle of Business, Compliance and Operations with strong operational oversight, steering, ongoing standardization and striving for excellence in relation to KYC – AML/CTF in the W&R regions and business units.
Key objective is to support the W&R regions and business lines to ensure full compliance with all applicable KYC and AML/CTF standards, full standardization and continuous enhancement of the KYC – AML/CTF processes in line with regulatory developments. This requires strong expertise in all KYC – AML/CTF areas as well a strong communication skill and awareness.
Complex problem solving, collaboration, analyzing and a strong focus on getting results are essential for this role. Committed to deliver high quality in your work and critical mind-set are among your strengths. In addition, it is important that you recognize yourself in all of the below:
• HBO+ (higher professional education) or Academic degree (MSc) preferably in criminology, law, crime intelligence analysis
• 5+ years’ experience in the financial industry or financial crime prevention or enforcement with knowledge of money laundering, terrorism finance and sanctions
• Knowledge of Dutch, international and other country laws on Money Laundering, Transaction Filtering and Sanctions
• Knowledge of Transaction Monitoring and Banking services and products
• Experience in working in a complex, global stakeholder field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in the English language, Dutch is considered an advantage
• Valid permit to work in The Netherlands
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.