Scope of this position
An application specialist in this role will help Marel with its digital journey. Data, and even more data of good quality, is essential to enable the digital transition Marel is in, as automating processes rely on data quality.
The growth of Marel as a company, both organic and by acquisitions puts a lot of focus on data. Bringing data together is a top priority for Marel, in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
In Marel we have invested in a brand new cloud platform which helps us in migrating data, both for projects as well as operations.
The migration specialist aligns with the business on the rules and implements those in the cloud application, and before the actual load, the data will be shared and validated.
There will be close cooperation with many teams across the whole Marel (IT) organization, to migrate master and transactional data to our main platforms, like SAP and Salesforce.
Your main activities consist out of analyzing data and interpreting business requirements.
To achieve this, existing solutions can be used or build a new automated solution by yourself.
· Gather, structure, deepen and challenge the business requirements
· Design the solution
· Configure, develop, deliver and document the solution in line with our best practices
· Test the solution and support user acceptance testing
· Automate testing where possible
· Apply continuous improvement in the way of working
· Support the operations, as we work in a devops setting
· Support other teams, in loading data of good quality
· Liaise with other Application Specialists
· Liaise with software vendors / third party specialists / third party support, technical specialists, application support and business key users
You recognize yourself in the following profile:
· Minimum a bachelor's degree in Business administration, computer science or equivalent
· SQL knowledge and experience
· Knowledge of data and databases
· Experience with SAP is a pre
· A solution driven mentality and ability
· Experience with agile and / or devops way of working is a pre
· Result driven.
· Ability to create momentum, with the ultimate goal of getting things done.
spersistency in case of unexpected events
· Analytical and decision-making skills
· Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications
· Strong communicator with effective written and verbal skills In English, Dutch is a pre
· Excellent Excel skills
· Informatica (IICS Cloud and / or IDQ on premise) is a pre
Please contact us for more information
Marel is proud to be the global leader in advanced equipment, systems and services for the fish, meat, poultry and further processing industries. They are the only company in the world to offer complete, integrated systems for all four industries. In partnership with their customers we are transforming the way food is produced. The vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably.
Marel operate in an exciting, rapidly growing market and our more than 5.500 employees work in an international environment that encourages open communication and free expression of ideas. The largest number of Marel employees is based in the Netherlands, followed by the United States, Iceland, Denmark and the United Kingdom. They spread out across the globe, in 30 locations. For further information, please see:
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.