As a Project Lead Engineer Electric Truck, you will play a key role in coordinating the Embedded Engineering activities within the project team realizing the project targets for the Embedded areas hardware and software enabling DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver. For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Project Lead Engineer Electric Truck.
Your responsibilities include:
- Creating and monitoring project plans for software and hardware development from master project plans
- Coordinating EE project activities with internal and external stakeholders to realise project deliverables
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP)
- Monitoring of realization of functions defined in the Project Description book
- Creating budget forecasts and monitoring of budget
- Monitoring of technical in line with strategies defined by line management
- Initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Organise project status stand-ups with EE project teams members
- Distributing know-how between specialists and engineering team members
The Project Lead Engineer reports to the Engineer Manager EE Platform Development with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Manager for project status.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Technical education on college/university level with at least 4 year experience in leading projects (preferably in the automotive domain)
- Experience with coordination of multiple engineers in different domains
- Experience with creating and monitoring of project plans (preferably in MS Project)
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude
- Experience with monitoring, reporting and presenting project status to management
- Experience with hardware and software development within the embedded systems domain (automotive is an asset)
- Experience with creating of requirement specifications for software and hardware components
- Experience with change management and defect management processes
- Experience with initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Knowledge of requirement management
- Knowledge of design for Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle)
- Knowledge of hardware design processes for Embedded components
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch)
Contract via Yacht, chance to get a DAF contract in the future. Max salary for this role is € 5.400,- gross per month.
You will play a key role in coordinating the Embedded Engineering activities within the project team realizing the project targets for the Embedded areas hardware and software enabling DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.